Blackmagic Video Assist 5" Full HD Monitor & Recorder
Please Check Stock Availability
- 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen LCD
- Records 1080p up to 60 fps
- ProRes and DNxHD 10-Bit, 4:2:2 Encoding
- HDMI and 6G-SDI Video Inputs
- Loop-Through Video Outputs
- Stores to Single SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- On-Screen Histogram and Audio Levels
- Dual Canon LP-E6 Type Battery Slots
- AC Adapter Included
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
OverviewAdd professional monitoring and high-quality recording to virtually any camera with the Blackmagic Video Assist. It features a 5" 1920 x 1080 display to help you frame and focus your shots, and provides 6G-SDI and HDMI inputs for recording the video output from professional and consumer cameras. The Video Assist records 10-bit 4:2:2 video up to 1080p60 to high-speed U1 SDHC/XC memory cards using industry-standard Apple ProRes (HQ, 422, LT, or Proxy) or Avid DNxHD codecs. A touchscreen interface allows you to adjust settings and access monitoring features such as histogram, audio meters, timecode display, and more. To power the monitor, a 110-240V AC power adapter is included. It also has dual battery slots on the rear that you power the monitor using Canon LP-E6 type batteries.
- 5" Full HD Display: The front of the monitor features a bright 5" 1920 x 1080 display for evaluating your shots. On-screen controls allow you to vary the brightness and contrast depending on the shooting situation, and the wide 135° viewing angle makes it easy for multiple crew members to watch at the same time. It even auto rotates so no matter which way you mount it, the picture is always displayed correctly.
- Touchscreen Interface: The 5" display provides intuitive capacitive touchscreen controls. Swipe gestures make it simple and quick to show or hide settings, such as capture resolution and format, as well as screen brightness and contrast. Swipe in another direction and you'll have access to additional controls, recording status, histogram, audio level, timecode, battery status, and more. The controls have a semi-transparent overlay, so you can still be able to keep an eye on every part of your shots.
- 6G-SDI and HDMI Connections: Video and audio are captured using 6G-SDI and HDMI 1.4 inputs, allowing you to record from professional cameras and camcorders, as well as popular DSLRs and mirrorless cameras. The 6G-SDI input even allows you to monitor Ultra HD footage. Loop-through outputs are provided so you can simultaneously display the live video or recorded clips on larger screens like HD broadcast monitors or HDMI projectors while you monitor and record on the Video Assist. Audio is embedded in the output and can also be monitored on headphones using the 3.5mm stereo jack.
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHD Recording: The Blackmagic Video Assist records your video at the 10-bit 4:2:2 quality. Files are recorded on to high-speed U1 SD cards, with ProRes (HQ, 422, LT, Proxy) or DNxHD codecs available. These are industry-standard formats, so you can start editing immediately without having to convert the files. Recording can be automatically triggered on your Blackmagic Video Assist from the start/stop button on compatible cameras, so you can remain focused on getting the shot without having to worry about operating additional gear.
- Power: A universal 110V to 240V AC power supply so you can use the Video Assist anywhere. Plug the AC adapter into the 12V DC input you get continuous power, or run off of dual Canon compatible LP-E6 type batteries. Intelligent battery management will use the battery with less charge first, then immediately switch to the other battery without interrupting recording. When connected to AC power, the batteries can be charged in parallel while the Video Assist is still being used.
- Additional Features:
- Can control settings on Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera
- Machined aluminum housing
- Built-in kickstand
- Six 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes (three on top, three on bottom)
|Size||5" (12.7 cm)|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Recording Media||UHS-1 SDHC/SDXC cards|
|Codecs Supported||Apple ProRes 422 HQ
|Supported Video Formats||
1920 x 1080p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60
1920 x 1080PsF 23.98/24
1920 x 1080i 50/59.94/60
1280 x 720p 50/59.94/60
1920 x 1080p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60
1920 x 1080i 50/59.94/60
1280 x 720p 50/59.94/60
|Recording Time||With 128GB SD card:
Apple ProRes 422 HQ: 1.61 hours
Avid DNxHD: 1.61 hours
ProRes 422: 2.43 hours
ProRes LT: 3.47 hours
ProRes Proxy: 7.9 hours
|SDI Video Sampling||4:2:2 YUV|
|SDI Audio Sampling||48 kHz, 24-bit|
|SDI Color Precision||10-bit|
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M|
|SDI Metadata Support||HD RP188 and closed captioning|
|SDI Color Space||REC 601, REC 709|
|HDMI Color Precision||10-bit|
|SDI Video Input||1 x SD/HD/3G/6G-SDI (DIN 1.0/2.3 connector)|
|SDI Video Output||1 x SD/HD/3G-SDI (DIN 1.0/2.3 connector)|
|HDMI Video Input||1 x HDMI Type A|
|HDMI Video Output||1 x HDMI Type A|
|SDI Audio Input||
16 channels embedded in SD and HD in QuickTime files
2 channels embedded in Avid DNxHD MXF file
|SDI Audio Output||16 channels embedded in SD and HD in QuickTime files
2 channels embedded in Avid DNxHD MXF files
|HDMI Audio Input||2 channels embedded|
|HDMI Audio Output||2 channels embedded|
|Audio Output||1 x 3.5 mm stereo analog audio output jack|
|USB Interface||1 x USB 2.0 (Mini-B connector)|
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later
|Power Requirements||12 VDC|
|Batteries||2 x Rechargeable LP-E6 lithium-ion batteries|
|AC Adapter||110 to 240 VAC|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-6 to 113°F (-21 to 45°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 90% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||5.63 x 1.20 x 3.54" (14.30 x 3.05 x 8.99 cm)|
|Weight||12.77 oz (362.02 g|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock