Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Body (R4000 Cashback)
Please Check Stock Availability
- 30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
- 3.2"1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- DCI 4K Video at 30 fps; 8.8MP Still Grab
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- Native ISO 32000 to ISO 102400
- Dual Pixel RAW; AF Area Select Button
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF & Movie Servo AF
- 7 fps Shooting; CF/SD Card Slots
- Wi-Fi with NFC
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
OverviewContinuing on in their legacy of powerful workhorse cameras, Canon has released the 5D Mark IV DSLR which is an outstanding still photography option and an able 4K-capable video machine. This multimedia maven offers a newly developed 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor paired with the DIGIC 6+ image processor in order to balance fine detail and resolution with low-light performance and sensitivity. It is able to work within a native range of ISO 100-32000, which can then be expanded to an impressive ISO 50-102400, for sharp, low-noise images in a variety of conditions. Along with these improvements to image quality, users will enjoy a performance boost across the board with an enhanced AF system, built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and GPS, and much more. In order to deliver detailed images quickly and effectively the 5D Mark IV leverages the power of the DIGIC 6+ image processor, which can handle up to 7 frames per second during continuous shooting. It also uses a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor to evaluate the scene and subjects for accurate exposures under a variety of different lighting conditions. An improved 61-point High Density Reticular AF furthers the camera's speed by tracking and locking onto subjects quickly and accurately for tack sharp photos. A new AF area select button is now available as well for near immediate access to this setting. Video benefits from the addition of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF to smoothly rack focus during a shot. Shooters can even make use of the 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD to simply tap to adjust the focus point. Furthermore, now that the camera has DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) video recording at up to 30 fps, users can snag 8.8MP stills from the video for an even faster capture option. Tied into the Dual Pixel sensor architecture is a brand new feature for Canon: Dual Pixel RAW, which allows for fine tuning of certain image parameters, including bokeh shift and focus micro adjustment, after the image is taken. The body has been further refined for comfort and ease of access, as well as durability and weather resistance. The Canon N3 remote port has been relocated to the front of the camera body and they have added both GPS and Wi-Fi with NFC to make this model a connected camera.
- 30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
- In line with previous members of the main 5D series, the Mark IV attempts to balance high resolution with low-light performance with a newly developed 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor. This provides a beneficial increase in overall resolution without compromising on sensitivity. Additionally, thanks to the DIGIC 6+ image processor it is paired with, it offers impressive performance within a native range of ISO 100-32000, which can be expanded to ISO 50-102400.
Versatility is key with the 5D, as it needs to be able to tackle landscapes and weddings with equal ease. By using a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor shooters will be able to more comfortably rely on the camera to capture difficult scenes. This sensor also has face detection as well as flicker detection which can ensure proper exposure in less-than-ideal lighting situations. Along with this, the camera offers an improved continuous shooting rate of 7 fps, making it a great option for events and action.
- High Density Reticular AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
- Ensuring your subject is tack sharp, the 5D Mark IV incorporates an enhanced High Density Reticular AF system, which offers 61 phase-detect points, with all points sensitive to f/8 and 41 of which are cross-type. The center point can function down to -3 EV for working in extremely dim lighting. Compared to previous versions, this sensor has expanded vertical coverage of 24% on the peripherals and 8% in the center in order to better track and locate subjects in the frame.
In addition to advanced tracking and focusing while using the optical finder for stills, Live View and video can now use Dual Pixel CMOS AF on the actual imaging sensor. This offers about 80% coverage of phase-detection autofocus for faster and more accurate focusing in these modes. It is ideal for video as users will enjoy smoother rack focusing without the downsides normally encountered with contrast-based systems. Also, this works well with the touchscreen functions, allowing shooters to just tap to adjust focus.
- DCI 4K Video Recording
- Designed for both professional stills shooting and video recording, the 5D Mark IV supports DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution recording at up to 30 fps at 500 Mbps, along with Full HD 1080p shooting at 60 fps and HD 720p at 120 fps for slow motion playback. When recording in-camera, 4K video has 4:2:2 sampling and 8-bit color depth, while Full HD 1080p footage has 4:2:0 sampling. Uncompressed Full HD 1080p video can also be saved via HDMI to an optional external recorder with 4:2:2 color sampling. 4K video is recorded using a central 4096 x 2160 area of the sensor at a 1.74x crop in order to record video with an ideal 1:1 pixel sampling ratio, while Full HD recording makes use of the entire full frame.
Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone or an optional external mic can also be used via the 3.5mm mic jack. Real time audio monitoring is possible, too, via the 3.5mm headphone jack. The 4K video recording also avails the ability to take 8.8MP still frame grabs during playback on the rear touchscreen and save them as single images.
- Dual Pixel RAW
- First implemented here on the 5D Mark IV, Dual Pixel RAW allows photographers to record all the information the sensor's unique pixel architecture can deliver, providing a way for fine adjustments to be made after the image is taken. These adjustments include focus fine tuning that can help you ever-so-slightly adjust the focus point to bring out extra details, shift bokeh around for improved composition, and reduce the impact of ghosting on your photos. This requires the use of Canon's Digital Photo Professional 4.5 software.
- Body Design
- A large 3.2" 1.62m-dot Clear View II LCD monitor is available and features an anti-reflective design for bright, vivid image playback and live view shooting, and its touchscreen interface can be used for intuitive touch-to-focus control and adjusting settings in the menus.
- A dedicated AF mode selection button located beneath the rear joystick offers another avenue for accessing settings, allowing for fast, intuitive access to commonly changed options.
- Dual CompactFlash and SD memory card slots allow you to extend your file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording or in-camera file type separation while shooting.
- An Intelligent Viewfinder II uses a pentaprism design and offers a bright means for viewing. When using the viewfinder, AF points are highlighted in red for greater visibility in low-light conditions, and the finder can also be configured to display a range of other shooting aids, such as an electronic level, grid, flicker detection, white balance, metering mode, AF information, and other settings.
- A Mirror Vibration Control System helps to minimize mechanical vibrations in order to better ensure sharpness during long exposures or fast continuous shooting bursts.
- A robust magnesium alloy body design is both dust- and weather-sealed to permit working in harsh environments.
- Other Camera Features
- A built-in GPS module allows you to geotag imagery in-camera as well as auto time sync with the Universal Time Code via satellites. This module is compatible with American GPS, Russian GLONASS, and Japanese quasi-zenith Michibiki satellites for a wide coverage of support.
- Digital Lens Optimizer technology compensates for a range of optical defects from various lenses, including chromatic aberration, distortion, peripheral brightness, and diffraction, and the camera can store lens data in order to avoid having to re-register lenses prior to each use. The camera can handle this process in real time, delivering JPEGs with the corrections already applied.
- A built-in intervalometer permits the creation of time lapse imagery and supports recording 1-99 consecutive frames in pre-selected intervals from 1 second to 99 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Users can also choose to set the camera to unlimited frames.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device as well as the CS100 Connect Station.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Camera Format||Full-Frame (1.0x Crop Factor)|
Actual: 31.7 Megapixel
Effective: 30.4 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||30.4 MP: 6720 x 4480|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 36 x 24 mm|
Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: MJPEG, MOV, MP4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio: AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 61, 41 cross-type|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.71x|
|Diopter Adjustment||- 3 to +1 m|
|Display Screen||3.2" Rear Touchscreen LCD (1,620,000)|
|Diagonal Angle of View||170.0°|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-32000 (Extended Mode: 50-102400)|
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 - 1/8000 second, Bulb Mode
|Remote Control||TC-80N3, RS-80N3 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Evaluative metering, Partial Metering, Spot metering|
Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
Up to 7 fps at 30 MP for up to 21 frames in raw format
Up to 7 fps at 30 MP for unlimited frames in JPEG format
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Max Sync Speed||Mechanical Shutter: 1 / 200 seconds|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
4096 x 2160p
1920 x 1080p
1280 x 720p
4096 x 2160p / 29.97 fps (500 Mbps) / 24 fps (500 Mbps) / 23.98 fps (500 Mbps)
1920 x 1080p / 59.94 fps (180 Mbps) / 29.97 fps (90 Mbps) / 24 fps (90 Mbps)
/ 23.98 fps (90 Mbps) / 59.94 fps (60 Mbps) / 29.97 fps (30 Mbps)
/ 24 fps (30 Mbps) / 23.98 fps (30 Mbps)
1280 x 720p / 120 fps (160 Mbps)
1920 x 1080p / 59.94 fps (60 Mbps) / 29.97 fps (30 Mbps) / 24 fps (30 Mbps)
/ 23.98 fps (30 Mbps) / 29.97 fps (12 Mbps)
Auto: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
Manual: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 - 32000|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Video Clip Length||
4096 x 2160
29 min. 59 seconds
Built-in Mic: With Video, Mono
Optional External Mic: With Video, Stereo
|Start-up Time||0.1 seconds|
|Shutter Lag||0.058 seconds|
|Self Timer||10 seconds, 2 seconds|
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, Canon N3, HDMI C (Mini), USB 3.0|
|Battery||1x LP-E6N Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1865 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||ACK-E6 (Optional)|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.9 x 4.6 x 3.0" / 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9 mm|
|Weight||1.76 lb / 800 g body only|
In the Box
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Body
- LC-E6 Charger
- Eyecup Eg
- RF-3 Body Cap
- IFC-150U II USB 3.0 Interface Cable
- Cable Protector
- Wide Neck Strap
- Software CD-ROM
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock