Nikon AF-S 200-400mm f/4 G ED VR II N Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 32
- Four Extra-Low Dispersion Glass Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Vibration Reduction
- Internal Focus; Manual Focus Override
- Integrated Rotating Tripod Collar
- Weather Sealed; Meniscus Front Lens
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
The powerful AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Lens from Nikon is a super telephoto zoom that delivers images with superior image quality. Effective for sports, wildlife, and aviation photography, this is very versatile super telephoto lens with a constant maximum aperture compatible with FX and DX format DSLRs. On DX format cameras it provides the 35mm focal length equivalence of 300-600mm.
The lens features the innovative Vibration Reduction (VRII) system that allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. The VRII system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed approximately three shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. The lens is built with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) which provides swift autofocusing with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. And the lens can be switched quickly from AF to manual focus.
There are four switches conveniently positioned on the rear of the lens barrel used to engage different focusing modes. While autofocusing, the focus can be locked by engaging the AF-L switch; the AF-ON switch allows quick autofocusing on and off. When you engage the Memory Set switch you can focus on a subject and store the focused distance in the lens' memory; it stores the information even if the camera is turned off. By switching to Memory Recall the lens will automatically return to the stored focal length. For example, if you are shooting a baseball game you can pre-set the focus from the camera to second base, shoot action at another area of the field, then engage Memory Recall to quickly capture the action at second base without having to refocus.
This lens features a 20-elements/17-groups construction with Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat lens coating and four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens elements which help to yield color-corrected images with minimal distortion and aberrations. Wide zoom and focus rings enable comfortable lens control and an integrated, rotatable tripod foot is supported. With magnesium die-cast barrel construction, enhanced dust and moisture resistance and a protective meniscus front element, this lens can be confidently used in inclement weather.
- Versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Powerful super-telephoto zoom lens that's perfect for sports and wildlife shooting offering constant maximum aperture and a versatile zoom range. On DX format DSLRs it provides a 35mm focal length equivalence of 300-600mm.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- 4 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Nano Crystal Lens Coating
- Reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Three Focus Modes
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Memory Recall
- When you engage the Memory Set switch you can focus on a subject and store the focused distance in the lens' memory; it stores the information even if the camera is turned off. By switching to Memory Recall the lens will automatically return to the stored focal length.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
- Close Auto Focusing to 6.6' At All Focal Lengths
- Focus to 6.6' using AF or 6.4' using manual focus enabling striking image perspectives.
200 - 400mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 300 - 600 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
12° 20' - 6° 10'
DX Picture Angle: 8° - 4°
|Minimum Focus Distance||6.6' (2 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Fixed - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Drop-in:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 4.9 x 14.4" (12.45 x 36.58 cm)|
|Weight||7.4 lb (3.36 kg)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Lens
- HK-30 Slip-on Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cover
- LF-1 Rear Lens Cap
- CL-L2 Ballistic Nylon Case
- 52mm Screw-on NC Filter
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock