Nikon AF-S 200mm f/2 G IF-ED VR Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to 22
- Three ED & One Super ED Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus; Manual Focus Override
- Weather-Sealed; Meniscus Front Lens
- Detachable, Rotating Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II Lens from Nikon is an extremely fast telephoto lens, capable of capturing powerful images in a variety of situations. Its superior light-gathering capabilities and 200mm focal length make it a great option for shooting in the field. A rotating tripod collar with a detachable shoe is present, providing superior balance when shooting with a tripod or monopod.
Professionals covering weddings, sporting events, and fashion shows will appreciate its reach, image quality, and fast aperture. The lens features Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) II system, which can deliver up to three stops of correction -- allowing you to shoot in dimly-lit environments, without sacrificing image sharpness.
The lens features a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus. Its Internal Focusing (IF) system allows for the movement of the optical elements internally, eliminating the need for the barrel to extend or retract during focusing. Three focus modes are available -- A/M, M/A, and M. A/M mode ensures that autofocus is always active, even when the focus ring is moved manually. M/A mode allows you to override the autofocus system by moving the focus ring, and M mode provides good ol' fashioned manual focus.
The lens features both focus memory and limitation settings. You'll be able to lock focus on a specific item and save the focus point in your camera's memory by pressing the "Memory Set" button on the lens. Simply press "Memory Recall" at any time to set the lens back to that focus setting. This is a great choice for sports photographers who are in a stationary position but would like to quickly return focus to a point of frequent action -- such as a basketball hoop or home plate. The focus limitation function allows you limit the distance at which the lens has to hunt for focus, speeding autofocus operation.
A nine blade aperture smoothes the out of focus background of an image, delivering bokeh that is extremely pleasing to the eye and dramatically separating your subject from the background. The lens also boasts Nikon's Tripod Detection Mode, which allows you to leave VR on when shooting on a tripod. The minute vibrations associated with tripod use are compensated for, further increasing image sharpness.
You needn't be an optics expert to appreciate the care that Nikon has taken in designing this lens. It is constructed of 13 optical elements arranged in 9 groups. These include 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements and one Super ED glass element, which work to minimize chromatic aberration -- even at f/2. The lens features Nikon's exclusive Nano-Crystal Coat, which minimizes flare -- even in backlit situations. It is also coated with Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC), which further aids flare reduction and improves color consistency.
The lens can be used on Nikon FX and DX DSLRs. It is a "G" series, which means that there is no physical aperture ring -- the aperture must be controlled by the camera. When used on a DX camera, the lens provides the equivalent field of view of a 300mm lens in the 35mm format, which is a boon to nature and sports photographers looking for a little extra reach and increased depth of field.
- Fast, Prime Telephoto Lens
- Upgraded, fast, f/2 prime telephoto lens with Nikon VR II image stabilization and Nano Crystal Coat produces razor sharp images under the most demanding conditions including indoor sports, wildlife or portraiture.
- Rugged Construction
- Featuring enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Super ED Glass Element
- Super ED glass excels at eliminating secondary spectrum and correcting chromatic aberration and offers low refractive index and lower dispersion. Also Super ED Glass is more resilient to rapid temperature changes.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Three Focus Modes
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- 3 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and internal lens flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Automatic Tripod Detection Mode
- Engages VR image stabilization when mounted on a tripod to minimize camera shake that occurs at shutter release.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
- Fully Compatible with Nikon Teleconverters
- Full functionality with Nikon Teleconverters for extended telephoto reach.
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 300 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 8°
|Minimum Focus Distance||6.2' (2 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Drop-in:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 4.9 x 8.0" (12.45 x 20.32 cm)|
|Weight||6.46 lb (2.93 kg)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED Lens
- HK-31 hood
- CL-L1 case
- LN-1 strap
- 52mm filter holder
- Lens cover
- Rear lens cap
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock