Nikon AF-S 24-120mm f/4 G ED VR II N Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 22
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus; M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Minimum Focus Distance: 17"
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
While the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens from Nikon is designed primarily for use with FX-format DSLR cameras, it's equally at home on any DX-format DSLR camera. As a standard 5.0x zoom on an FX-format camera body, it's perfect for landscapes, portraits, and weddings - it's an excellent choice as a take-along-everywhere lens. On a DX-format camera, the focal length gets a 1.5x bump that turns it into a formidable longer-range optic with the 35mm focal length equivalence of 36-180mm.
The wide-angle to telephoto focal range of this lens makes it a versatile choice for most applications and its constant maximum aperture of f/4.0 enables photographers to maintain exposure settings throughout the entire zoom range. For those critical focusing-moments - the M/A focus mode switch allows the shooter to quickly change between manual and autofocus modes.
The lens design includes two Extra-low Dispersion elements to control chromatic aberrations, three aspherical elements and Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission for maximum clarity, crispness, and contrast. Additionally this lens benefits from Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat - a high-tech lens treatment that ensures maximum imaging quality by limiting ghosting and flare.
Low-light shooters will appreciate the benefits of Nikon's VR II image stabilization system which reduces the blurring effects of camera shake for sharper imaging in low light or when shooting at the telephoto end of the focal range. The compact size of the lens also lends itself to stable control of imaging as well as its use as a versatile, everyday lens.
- Compact & Versatile 5x Standard Zoom Lens with f/4 Maximum Aperture
- Perfect for landscapes, portraits, weddings, and distant subjects. Offers a constant maximum aperture to maintain exposure settings throughout the entire zoom range
- Extended Range on Nikon DX-format DSLR Cameras
- Field of view is equivalent to a focal length of 36-180mm in DX-format cameras.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction technology that's engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens - enables handheld shooting at shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. This ensures dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture setting.
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens to maintain the working distance throughout the focus range. It also keeps the front element from spinning, which maintains the position of a polarizer or lens hood.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders images with a more natural appearance in out-of-focus areas.
24 - 120mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 36 - 180 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
84° - 20° 30'
DX Picture Angle: 61° - 13° 20'
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.5' (45 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.3 x 4.1" (8.38 x 10.41 cm)|
|Weight||1.56 lb (710 g)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens
- HB-53 Bayonet Lens Hood
- LC-77 Snap-on Front Lens Cap
- LF-1 Rear Lens Cap
- CL-1218 Soft Lens Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock