Nikon AF-S 400mm f2.8E FL ED VR Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- 2 Fluorite & 2 ED Elements
- Nano Crystal Lens Coat
- Silent Wave Motor & MF Override
- VR Image Stabilization with Sport Mode
- Specialized Electromagnetic Diaphragm
- Fluorine-Coated Front Meniscus Element
- Weather-Resistant Magnesium Alloy Barrel
The AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens from Nikon is an advanced telephoto lens featuring a bright, fast f/2.8 maximum aperture to benefit its use in difficult lighting conditions. The lens construction incorporates two fluorite elements and two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, which help to minimize the overall lens weight and significantly reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the aperture range. Also improving image quality, a Nano Crystal Coat has been applied to lens elements to minimize ghosting and lens flare for maintained image contrast, clarity, and color neutrality. Protecting the advanced optical design is a front fluorine-coated meniscus glass element that, when paired with the weather-resistant magnesium alloy barrel, supports working in inclement conditions.
A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions and also lends itself to precise focus control for shallow depth of field imagery.
- Two fluorite and two ED lens elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to four shutter speed stops, benefitting this lens' use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sports and Action VR mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise autofocus performance.
- Full-time manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems by just rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during operation and contributes to a lighter overall weight, as well as a minimum focusing distance of 8.5'.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Fluorine-coated front meniscus glass element affords protection to the optical system.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.
- When used with DX-sized sensors, the 35mm-equivalent focal length will be 600mm.
- A removable Monopod Collar is included with the lens for well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod.
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 600 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 4°
|Minimum Focus Distance||8.53' (2.6 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||Not specified|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Drop-in: 40.5 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 6.28 x 14.09" (159.5 x 358 mm)|
|Weight||8.38 lb (3.8 kg)|
In the Box
Nikon AFS 400mm f2.8E FL ED VR Lens
- Trunk Case
- Slip-on Lens Hood
- Rear Lens Cap
- Slip-on Front Lens Cap
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock