Nikon AF-S 40mm f/2.8 G DX Macro Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F Mount Lens/DX Format
- 60mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- 1:1 Magnification Ratio; Macro Close-Ups
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Close-Range Correction System
- Manual Focus Override
- Minimum Focus Distance: 6.4"
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Designed for DX-format cameras AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Lens from Nikon will allow users to get true 1:1 magnification for extremely close-up imaging. It has a 60mm equivalent focal length in FX format along with a capable aperture range of f/2.8 to 22. Also, it has the Close-Range Correction system to ensure image quality is maintained at such close angles.
Continuous quiet autofocus from infinity to 6.4 inches with a Silent Wave Motor AF system, and quick switching from autofocus to manual focus and back will keep you from missing any photo opportunities. The 7-blade diaphragm delivers a lovely, natural-looking background blur, and Nikon's Super Integrated lens coating gives you reduced lens flare and improved color consistency.
- Compact and Lightweight DX-Format Close-Up Lens
- Small enough to be carried everywhere, this standard focal length DX-format Micro-NIKKOR lens provides high resolution and contrast from infinity to life-size. The AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G is for taking high quality stills and HD D-Movies and is ideal for shooting general close-ups, delicate flowers, detailed collectibles, copy photography, portraits, landscapes and more.
- Sharp Images from Infinity to Life-Size (1X)
- This standard close-up lens captures the finest details at any distance, including details practically impossible to detect with the human eye. It's a great choice for enticing food photography or detailed product shots. And with its continuous autofocusing from infinity to 6.4 inches, the AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G ensures sharpness and clarity in every composition.
- Stunning Portraits and Landscapes, Too
- The AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G is compact, lightweight and versatile enough for everyday photography, including flattering people shots and breathtaking landscapes, so you get brilliant results in most situations without switching lenses.
- Natural Background Blur (Bokeh)
- Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature-indoors or outdoors-the AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G's rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders a beautiful, natural background blur (bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. Selective focus helps to isolate the subject, creating out of focus backgrounds.
- Superior Close-Range Focusing
- The Close-Range Correction system is one of Nikon's most important focusing innovations. Using an innovative floating element design, each lens group moves independently to achieve superior performance at close distances.
- Quiet Autofocus
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Quick Switching from AF to MF
- When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring-M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time lag.
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 60 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 38° 50'
|Minimum Focus Distance||6.42" (16.3 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Filter Thread||Front:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.70 x 2.54" (68.5 x 64.5 mm)|
|Weight||8.29 oz (235 g)|
In the BoxNikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Lens
- 52mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Bayonet Hood
- Flexible Lens Pouch
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock