Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/4 G ED VR Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4-32
- 3 Extra-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Nikon VR Image Stabilization
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Manual Focus Override
- Internal Focus Lens Design
- Super Integrated Coating
The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Lens from Nikon strikes an ideal balance between exceptional optics, advanced lens technologies, compact size and a range of popular focal lengths. Designed for full-frame Nikon FX-format cameras, this G-series lens is also compatible with Nikon's cropped DX-format cameras. When attached to a cropped sensor camera, the 35mm equivalent focal length is 105-300mm. Its constant maximum f/4 aperture provides consistency throughout the zoom range and Vibration Reduction technology offers 4-stops of compensation against the blur caused by camera movement, enabling handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides fast, accurate and quiet autofocus and seamless manual focus override gives you precise focus control even in AF mode. The Internal Focus design of this G-series lens means the length of the lens remains constant as you focus. Minimum focus distance is 3.3'
Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements minimize chromatic aberration - even at the widest aperture - and enhance sharpness. Nano Crystal Coat prevents internal lens reflections, ghosting, and flare. This compact zoom lens offers a very practical set of focal lengths in a lightweight, easy-to-carry form.
- DX-Format (35mm Equivalent): 105-300mm
- Though it is a full-frame, FX-format lens, the 70-200mm f/4G is compatible with Nikon's cropped DX-format sensors. With a crop factor of 1.5x, DX-format sensor cameras turn the 70-200mm focal length of this lens into the 35mm equivalent of a 105-300mm lens, adding greater telephoto zoom capabilities on the smaller sized sensor.
- One High Refractive Index and Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- To reduce chromatic aberrations, most noticeable when zoomed all the way to 200mm, the three extra-low dispersion glass elements correct specific wavelengths of light - providing maximum sharpness and minimized aberration, even at the widest f/4.0 aperture setting.
- Vibration Reduction (VR)
- This optical Nikon lens technology improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake, with up to 4 stops of image stabilization. This means you can shoot at shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible with sharp results.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides fast, quiet and precise AF with seamless manual focus override. SWM is particularly useful when using this lens to shoot video.
- Manual/Auto Focusing Mode (M/A)
- The M/A focusing mode allows you to change from automatic to manual focusing immediately by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch from quick autofocus to fine manual focusing without removing your eye from the viewfinder.
- Anti-Reflective Nano Crystal Coat
- This anti-reflective coating reduces internal reflections from the lens elements, across a wide range of wavelengths. The Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity and contrast.
- Optical Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- In addition to the Nano Crystal Coat, this lens also has a Super Integrated multi-layer Coating on its lens elements.
- Internal Focus Lens Design (IF)
- Thanks to the Internal Focus (IF) design of the lens, you can focus automatically or manually without changing the length of the lens. All of the movement of the lens elements takes place within the lens barrel so you can remain at the same working distance throughout the focus range.
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.3'
- Focus as close as 3.28' from your subject with a maximum magnification of 0.274x; capture even the smallest subjects while maintaining a comfortable working distance.
- 9-Blade Circular Aperture
- Create beautiful softly blurred backgrounds highlights with a more natural appearance.
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- The 67mm from filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.
- Tripod-Mounting Option
- Available with the RT-1 Tripod Collar (sold separately)
70 - 200mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 105 - 300 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
34° 20' - 12° 20'
DX Picture Angle: 22° 50' - 8°
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.28' (1.00 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||Not sepcified|
|Tripod Collar||Optional Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front:62 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 7.0" (7.87 x 17.78 cm)|
|Weight||1.87 lb (850 g)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/4 G ED VR Lens
- Snap-on Front Lens Cap 67mm
- Bayonet Hood
- Rear Lens Cap
- Semi-Soft Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock