Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 G N Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to 29
- 1 ED & 3 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Super Integrated Lens Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus; M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Minimum Focus Distance: 15"
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
The AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a versatile zoom lens with wide-angle to telephoto perspectives and VR image stabilization for reduction of the blur caused by camera shake. It's ideal as an everyday lens with a compact design, flexible focal range and fast autofocus. And, it affords superior close focusing with a minimum focus distance of 1.25' from every focal length. Designed for FX format DSLRs it is also compatible with DX-format cameras on which it provides the 35mm focal length equivalence of 36-127.5mm.
Reliable, fast and near-silent auto focus is afforded by the Silent Wave Motor and internal focus system in which only the internal lens groups shift during focus maintaining the compact length of the lens. The M/A Switch mode enables immediate manual focus override for precise critical focus when needed.
In addition to the obvious advantages this versatile lens provides, it also employs a 7-blade rounded diaphragm, three aspherical lens elements and one extra-low dispersion ED element. This optical design controls chromatic aberrations and spherical distortion throughout the zoom range. Also Nikon's Super Integrated Lens Coating reduces ghosting and flare and heightens contrast.
This is a refurbished item and comes with a 90-day warranty.
Versatile Zoom Lens
- With wide-angle to portrait length telephoto capability and a compact build, this is an effective lens for day-to-day carry and useful in many situations. On DX-format cameras it provides a 36-127.5mm focal length equivalence.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation
- Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization, which is tailored to each lens, enables handheld shooting at up to four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible for dramatically sharper images and HD videos—even in low light
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- The inclusion of aspherical elements virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberration, further improving image integrity
- One Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Element
- A single ED element offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration—even at the widest aperture settings
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- This NIKKOR lens features a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens
- Superior Close Focus
- The minimum focus distance is just 1.25' at every focal length
- Internal Focusing
- All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel, which allows for a more compact, lightweight construction—as well as a closer focusing distance
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- The rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders a pleasing, natural background blur at its wider aperture settings
24 - 85mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 36 - 127.5 mm
Maximum: f/3.5 - 4.5
Minimum: f/22 - 29
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
28° 30' - 84°
DX Picture Angle: 18° 50' - 61°
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.25' (.38 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||Not specified|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front:72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 3.2" (7.87 x 8.13 cm)|
|Weight||1.02 lb (465 g)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f1.4G Lens
- Bayonet lens Hood
- Rear Lens Cap
- Snap-on Front Lens Cap
- Semi-Soft case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock