Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.8 G Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Super Integrated Lens Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Internal Focus
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.6'
- 7-Blade Circular Diaphragm
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lens from Nikon is a fast, compact FX-format prime medium telephoto lens. Though optimized for FX-format DSLR cameras, the lens is equally adept at serving any Nikon DX-format DSLR. The combination of its mid-range telephoto design and a fast f/1.8 aperture make it an excellent option for shooting both still images and HD video in low light scenarios. Available light shooters will love the wide-open effect when shooting intimate portraits; in-focus subjects will stay sharp, while distracting backgrounds will melt into a pleasing soft blur. When mounted on a DX-format DSLR, this 85mm prime delivers an apparent focal length of approximately 127mm.
The lens boasts Silent Wave Motor technology (AFS) and Internal Focus for fast and quiet autofocus that won't alter the length of the lens, thus preserving working distance throughout the focus range. The Silent Wave Motor utilizes ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations instead of a gear system to focus the lens, offering beautifully smooth, silent and accurate autofocus operation.
When fine manual focusing is required, just rotate the lens focus ring. The M/A mode switch offers a seamless override of the AF system with practically no time lag at all! Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) improves light transmission and provides better color consistency and minimized flare.
The AF-S 85mm f/1.8 is lightweight, fast, and easy to tote around. Weighing in at 8.0 oz less than the venerable 85mm f/1.4 - shooters that favor prime lenses can toss this optic in their gear bag without hesitation - it's small enough and light enough to take along everywhere!
Fast, compact FX-format prime medium telephoto lens. Fast maximum aperture is great for capturing stills or HD video in low light situations, and for head and shoulder portraiture, weddings and concerts
- Take flattering portraits under all lighting conditions: Great for studio, on-set or available light shooting, as well as capturing still images or HD videos of subjects with attractive skin tones and producing beautiful background blur. When you want to isolate your subject from the background in indoor or outdoor photography, this lens renders a gorgeous natural background blur (Bokeh) at the wider aperture settings
- Though optimized for FX-format DSLR cameras, the lens is equally adept at serving any Nikon DX-format DSLR. When mounted on a DX-format DSLR, this 85mm prime delivers a 35mm focal length equivalence of approximately 127mm
- Boasts Silent Wave Motor technology (AFS) and Internal Focus for fast and quiet autofocus that won't alter the length of the lens, thus preserving working distance throughout the focus range. Internal optical movement is restricted to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel, enabling smaller, lightweight construction and closer focusing distance. SWM utilizes ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations instead of a gear system to focus the lens, converting traveling waves into rotational energy, thus offering beautifully smooth, silent and accurate autofocus operation. Enjoy sharp, clear image quality at all apertures
- When fine manual focusing is required, just rotate the lens focus ring. M/A mode enables you to seamlessly override the AF system with practically no time lag at all, even during AF servo operation and regardless of which AF mode is in use!
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) is a multi-layer lens coating that improves light transmission, provides better color consistency, and minimizes ghost and flare to a negligible level. Enjoy reduced reflection in the wider wavelength range and exceptional color balance and reproduction
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm that creates a gorgeous natural background blur (Bokeh) at the wider aperture settings
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 127.5 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||
DX Picture Angle: 18° 50'
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.62' (.8 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||Not specified|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 2.9" (7.87 x 7.37 cm)|
|Weight||12.35 oz (350 g)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.8 G Lens
- Snap-On Front Lens Cap
- Bayonet Lens Hood
- Rear Lens Cap
- Semi-Soft Lens Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock