Nikon AF-S 85mm f/3.5 G ED VR DX Macro Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- F Mount Lens/DX Format
- 127.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/32
- 1:1 Macro Capability
- 1 ED Element; Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus; Manual Focus Override
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.3"
This AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a DX-formatted medium telephoto macro lens capable of extreme close-up and general telephoto photography, including portraiture. The lens will autofocus from infinity to 11.3", producing life-size (1:1) macro images. As a DX format lens, it compatible with DX format DSLRs or FX format cameras in DX mode. Its 35mm focal length equivalence is 127.5mm.
The lens also features Nikon's VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization, which allows handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images. This is ideal for macro close-up work as well as for enabling sharp telephoto work in low light. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor autofocus technology enables fast, smooth and near silent AF action which is supported even when shooting macro and very important in video mode. The internal focus system also promotes faster focus and maintains a compact form without an extending or rotating front element. Finally, the M/A focusing mode enables fast focus mode switches and manual focus override.
This versatile prime lens includes one extra-low dispersion element to control chromatic aberrations and Nikon's Super Integrated lens coating enhances light transmission reducing flare and ghosting.
- A DX format prime telephoto lens with 1:1 macro capability
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization, engineered specifically for each VR Nikkor lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, reducing the blur caused by camera shake
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) element offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide aperture settings
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- An Internal Focus (IF)system provides fast autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance throughout the focus range
- The M/A Focus Mode Switch enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 127.5 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
FX in DX Crop Mode
|Angle of View||18° 50'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.26" (28.60 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Filter Thread||Front:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.9 x 3.9" (7.37 x 9.91 cm)|
|Weight||12.52 oz (355 g)|
In the Box
Nikon AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Lens
- 52mm Snap-on front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Bayonet hood
- Flexible lens pouch
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock