Nikon D7200 DSLR with 18-140mm VR Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.2" 1,229k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Rec at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 3500 II DX 51-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 25600, B&W to ISO 102400
- 6 fps Shooting for Up to 100 Frames
- DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
Poised to deliver in the most challenging of situations, Nikon's D7200 is a versatile DX-format DSLR that caters to both still photography and video users. Featuring a 24.2MP CMOS sensor which lacks an optical low-pass filter, and an EXPEED 4 image processor, the D7200 is able to record up to 6 fps at full-resolution, or 7 fps at a 1.3x crop, with a 100-frame buffer for extended high-speed shooting. This sensor and processor combination also avails a top native sensitivity of ISO 25600, which can further be expanded to black & white-dedicated ISO 51200 and ISO 102400 sensitivities. Full HD 1080p video recording is supported up to 60 fps, and in-camera time lapse shooting with automatic exposure smoothing is possible for up to 9,999 consecutive frames. In addition to the sheer imaging benefits, the D7200 also incorporates a large 3.2" 1,229k-dot LCD monitor, dual SD card slots, and features built-in snapbridge Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC for simple linking of your mobile device. Capable of performing in both still and video realms, the D7200 is an all-around shooter that blends sophisticated imaging technologies with refined handling and design.
Rounding out its feature-set, the D7200 is also characterized by an apt 51-point AF system, with 15 cross-type points, for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of conditions. The 3D Color Matrix Metering II system, which utilizes a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor, also benefits the focusing capabilities in addition to providing precise exposure metering capabilities. Further realizing a complete imaging solution, a series of Picture Control profiles can be applied to refine the color and tonal handling of imagery.
Included with the D7200 body is the wide-angle to telephoto zoom AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens, which features VR image stabilization to minimize camera shake to suit working in dimly-lit conditions and with longer focal lengths. One aspherical element and one extra-low dispersion element are integrated into the lens' design to minimize aberrations and optimize image sharpness and an SWM autofocus mechanism is used to acquire focus quickly, silently, and accurately.
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- The 24.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor enables recording high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video with the utmost clarity, low noise, and smooth color gradations. The sensor's design also omits the traditional optical low-pass filter in order to gain increased image sharpness and resolution. Additionally, the sensor pairs with the advanced EXPEED 4 image processor to provide native sensitivity to ISO 25600, as well as expanded Hi BW1 ISO 51200 and Hi BW2 ISO 102400 sensitivities for monochromatic shooting in even dimmer lighting conditions.
The sensor and processor combination also enables a top continuous shooting rate of 6 fps at full resolution, or 7 fps shooting at a 1.3x crop of the DX sensor area. Enhanced buffer capacity allows you to record up to 100 sequential JPEGs (Fine/Large), 27 12-bit NEF files, or 18 14-bit NEF files.
- Full HD Video Recording
- The EXPEED 4 processing power extends beyond still imaging performance to benefit full HD 1080p video recording in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps, with the added ability to record 60/50p using just a 1.3x crop of the DX format for added reach while maintaining the full 1920 x 1080 resolution. During recording, fully manual control is possible over shutter speed and ISO settings, along with the ability to utilize Auto ISO adjustment in manual mode with a top sensitivity of ISO 25600. Zebra stripe highlighting can be applied to aid in controlling overexposure during recording, too, along with in-camera Picture Control profiles, custom tone curves, and a flat profile to benefit color grading applications. Recording to an optional external recorder is possible in order to gain uncompressed 4:2:2 8-bit output through the HDMI port and, when recording externally, use of the camera's LCD monitor for simultaneous live view monitoring is possible.
In regard to audio recording, an in-camera stereo microphone can be used or, alternatively, an input is available for utilizing an optional external stereo microphone. Sound levels can be adjusted across 20 levels prior to and during recording, along with the ability to monitor audio via the headphone output. Additionally, the D7200 is compatible with the optional ME-W1 Wireless Microphone for recording clear mono sound of your subject up to 164' away.
- Advanced Multi-CAM 3500 II DX AF Sensor
- Supporting the imaging capabilities of the D7200 is an apt autofocus system that employs up to 51 distinct points, with options available to use 9, 21, or all 51 points depending on the situation, with AF detection sensitivity down to -3 EV. 15 cross-type points are also integrated within this array to provide even greater accuracy to centrally-located subjects. Benefitting the use of telephoto lenses and teleconverters, the center-most point is also sensitive down to an aperture value of f/8. 3D Tracking, a part of the intelligent Scene Recognition System, also works to benefit maintained focusing on moving subjects for greater accuracy when shooting at high continuous shooting speeds. Furthermore, Single-point AF, Dynamic-area AF (with 9, 21, or 51 points selectable), 3D-tracking (using all 51 points), and Auto-area AF modes are also available. And when working in either horizontal or vertical shooting orientations, you can individually select your focus point and AF area settings to best fit the frame.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better-suit working with moving subjects.
- Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
- The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
- Camera Design Features
- A large 3.2" 1,229k-dot LCD monitor is incorporated into the D7200's design, and features an RGBW alignment for improved visibility when working in bright lighting conditions.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage and incorporates an organic EL display system to provide shooting information for seamless adjustment over camera settings without removing your eye from the viewfinder. Additionally, the optical glass features enhanced coatings for increased brightness, contrast, and color neutrality for more lifelike viewing.
- A built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination to scenes and can also be used as a flash commander to wirelessly communicate with other Nikon CLS-compatible Speedlights. Additionally, a hot shoe is available for utilizing optional external flashes.
- Dual SD card slots are available to extend file saving capabilities by permitting either overflow recording or in-camera file duplicating. Additionally, optional HDMI-connected external recorders are supported for recording uncompressed video and time lapse sequences.
- The included EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack provides up to approximately 1110 shots or up to 80 minutes of recording per charge (based on CIPA standards).
- Snapbridge Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D7200 features built-in snapbridge Wi-Fi connectivity to enable seamless transfer of imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. Once the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app has been installed on an Android or iOS mobile device, you can use that device to browse the contents of the memory card, select images, and seamlessly transfer files between devices for immediate sharing online. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported to provide a quick and simple tap-to-connect method for linking your mobile devices with the camera.
For faster wireless performance, the D7200 is also compatible with the optional WT-5A Wireless Transmitter and UT-1 Communication Unit, which can transmit image files via FTP.
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- Included with the D7200 body is the highly versatile AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens; a wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-210mm. One aspherical element and one extra-low dispersion element are integrated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations while helping to improve overall image sharpness and clarity. VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization is also incorporated into the design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to better suit working with longer focal lengths and in low-lighting conditions. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures quiet, smooth, and precise autofocus performance that is well-suited for working with fast-moving subjects and for video applications.
- Other Camera Features
- Pairing video and still imaging capabilities, in-camera time lapse shooting is possible using the built-in intervalometer to record up to 9,999 consecutive exposures at variable intervals. Exposure smoothing can also be applied to groups of sequentially-recorded images in order to produce a naturally-appearing time lapse straight from the camera.
- Dedicated Photo Shooting and Movie Shooting menus aid in easily accessing dedicated settings and controls depending on the medium you are working with.
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Automated exposure bracketing is possible for up to 9 frames with 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps between each frame.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4's processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Built-in HDR works to extend the tonal and exposure range of a single image by recording sequential exposures and blending them together in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details with an extended range of mid-tones. This mode is best suited for working with stationary subjects.
- Auto ISO sensitivity control allows you to select a minimum shutter speed at which camera shake can be controlled from and then will automatically set the ISO value in order to best render the scene. A maximum sensitivity level can also be set in order to maintain overall noise levels.
- Spot White Balance control for live view shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white.
- MC-DC2 port enables the connection of optional accessories, such as remote shutter releases.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, Flat, and user-customizable settings. A Clarity control setting can be used to refine the amount of definition with each of these profiles, and fine-tuned control in 0.25-step increments allows you to adjust the settings to your personal needs.
- Special Effects modes allow you to creatively enhance imagery in-camera: Night Vision, Color Sketch, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- A range of scene modes can be employed to base exposure settings on pre-defined, detected scene types: Autumn Colors, Beach/Snow, Blossom, Candlelight, Child, Close-up, Dusk/Dawn, Food, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Sports, and Sunset.
- In-camera image editing: Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Edit Movie, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Camera Format||DX / (1.5x Crop Factor)|
Actual: 24.72 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||24 MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2, 16:9|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 23.5 x 15.6 mm|
Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection:51, 15 cross-type|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||19.5 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.94x|
|Diopter Adjustment||- 2 to +1 m|
|Display Screen||3.2" Rear Screen LCD (1,228,800)|
|Diagonal Angle of View||170.0°|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600 (Extended Mode: 51200-102400)|
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 - 1/8000 second, Time Mode
|Remote Control||WR-1, WR-T10, ML-L3, MC-DC2 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||3D Color Matrix Metering, Center-weighted average metering, Spot metering|
Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade|
Rear Curtain/Slow Sync
Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction
|Guide No.||39.37' (12 m) ISO100|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 seconds|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +1 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||iTTL Remote Firing|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
1920 x 1080p (Full HD)
1280 x 720p (HD)
1920 x 1080p / 60 fps
1920 x 1080p / 50 fps
1920 x 1080p / 30 fps
1920 x 1080p / 25 fps
1920 x 1080p / 24 fps
1280 x 720p / 60 fps
1280 x 720p / 50 fps
640 x 480p / 30 fps
640 x 480p / 25 fps
Manual: Shutter Speed, ISO
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 - 25600|
|Video Clip Length||
1920 x 1080
@ 60 fps: 20 min.
@ 30 fps: 29 min. 59 seconds
Built-in Mic: With Video, Stereo
Optional External Mic: With Video, Stereo + Mono
2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds
Custom: 0-3 seconds at 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 second intervals
Number of Shots: 1-9
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0|
|Battery||1x EN-EL15 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7 VDC, 1900 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||EH-5b (Optional)|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.3 x 4.2 x 3.0" / 135.5 x 106.5 x 76.0 mm|
|Weight||1.49 lb / 675 g|
18 - 140mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 27 - 210 mm
Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6
Minimum: f/22 - 38
|Angle of View||76° - 11° 30'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' (45 cm)|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.07 x 3.82" (78 x 97 mm)|
|Weight||1.08 lb (490 g)|
In the Box
Nikon D7200 body + AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens
- rechargeable Li-ion battery
- battery Charger
- USB cable
- neck strap
- eyepiece cap
- rubber eyecap
- body cap
- Snap-on Front Lens Cap 67mm
- Rear Lens Cap
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock