Nikon SB-500 Speedlight Flash
Please Check Stock Availability
- Compatible with Nikon i-TTL
- Guide Number: 79' at ISO 100
- Coverage: 24mm (FX Format)
- LED Video Light with 3 Output Levels
- Tilts Upward 90°
- Rotates Left and Right 180°
- Commander Mode for Wireless TTL Control
- Recycle Time: 3.5 Seconds
- Slow, High-Speed,1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Runs on 2 AA Batteries
OverviewFeaturing an LED video light and a compact design, the SB-500 AF Speedlight from Nikon provides users with a portable unit for use specifically with Nikon's i-TTL metering system. The flash has good power with a guide number of 79' at ISO 100 and while no direct manual adjustments are available the output can be tuned via the camera's flash exposure compensation settings. The unit offers wide coverage for a 24mm lens with FX-format full-frame cameras and the 100 lux LED light has quarter, half or full power output levels, which is beneficial for both video and close up still photography.
Versatility is important in this unit with the ability to tilt upward 90° and rotate left and right 180° for excellent bounce and swivel capabilities. The flash will also function wirelessly as either a commander unit on the D810 and D750 or a remote slave for full compatibility with cameras, other flash units, and wireless flash controllers in Nikon's Creative Lighting System. Other features include slow, Auto FP high-speed, 1st, and 2nd curtain synchronization. The SB-500 will also transmit LED and flash color information to the camera for setting an optimal white balance and runs on 2 AA batteries, which provide a recycle time as fast as 3.5 seconds. Included with the camera are a soft case and stand.
- Offers test firing, the ability to monitor pre-flashes, and an LED modeling flash function
- Flash compensation from -3 to +1 EV in 1/3 EV steps is available in-camera
- Head tilts up 90° with click-stops at 0°, 60°, 75°, and 90°
- Head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180°
- Four wireless channels are available in Commander mode while only 1 is available in Remote mode
- Two wireless groups, A and B, are available
- Flash-ready indicator lights up when fully recycled or flashes slowly as a warning
- Delivers approximately 100 full-power flashes from a pair of Alkaline batteries and 140 from Ni-MH
- A thermal cut-out function protects the flash
- Firmware can be updated through camera body
|Guide No.||78.74' (24 m) ISO100|
|Angle of Coverage||84°|
|Bounce Head||Yes0° to +90°|
|Swivel Head||Yes, 360°|
|Coverage||24 mm (Full frame)|
|Distance Range||1.97 to 65.62' (0.6 to 20 m)|
|Off Camera Terminal||None|
|Recycle Time||Approximately 3.5 - 30 seconds|
|Flash Duration||1/1100 sec @ Full Power|
|Compensation||-3 EV to +1 EV (in 1/3 EV steps) In-camera control|
Distance: Up to 32.81' / 10 m
Mode: Commander, Slave
|Wireless Communication Channels||4 Channels|
|Wireless Groups||2 Groups|
|Power Source||2x AA Alkaline, Rechargeable NiMH Batteries|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||2.6 x 4.5 x 2.8" / 67.0 x 114.5 x 70.8 mm|
|Weight||8 oz / 227 g|
In the Box
Nikon SB-500 Speedlight Flash
- Soft Case
- Speedlight Stand
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock