Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flash
Please Check Stock Availability
- Compatible with Nikon i-TTL
- Guide Number: 92' at ISO 100 and 35mm
- Zoom Range: 24-120mm (12mm with Panel)
- Tilts from -7° to 90°
- Rotates Left & Right 180°
- Commander Mode for Wireless TTL Control
- Strobe Mode and 3 Illumination Patterns
- Recycle Time: 2.5-3.5 Seconds
- Slow, High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Runs on 4 AA Batteries
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
OverviewWith a rated guide number of 92' at ISO 100 and 35mm, the SB-700 AF Speedlight from Nikon is a moderately compact flash unit packed with features for high-performance on-camera lighting capabilities. The flash is compatible with the i-TTL system for automatic metering with both FX- and DX-format cameras and is optimized for use with Nikon's Creative Lighting System for complete control over your lighting setup. Additionally, the auto zoom head has a coverage range of 24-120mm with FX-format cameras which can be extended down to 12mm with the use of the built-in wide-angle diffusion panel.
Complete bounce and swivel functionality is available for working in a variety of shooting situations. This allows users to tilt down to -7° and up to 90° as well as rotate left or right 180° for complete 360° coverage. Also, the SB-700 has three different illumination patterns, standard, even, and center-weighted, which help shape the light output for your specific needs. For wireless master TTL functionality, the speedlight utilizes a Commander Mode. In this mode users can access Advanced Wireless Lighting settings for controlling multiple off-camera flashes that can be set up in 2 groups (A, B) and one of 4 channels. The SB-700 also has a quick wireless control A:B ratio setting for quickly setting up and controlling multiple remote flashes.
Many other abilities are packed into this unit, including a stroboscopic repeating flash mode that can be set from 1-100 Hz. The SB-700 also has slow, Auto FP high-speed, first, and second curtain sync modes for achieving the desired creative look in your image. There are even red-eye reduction and red-eye reduction slow sync settings available. The flash itself is mounted to the camera or stand via a locking hot shoe and is powered by 4 AA batteries. And, depending on the type of battery used and the power setting, users can expect a recycle time of 2.5-3.5 seconds.
Included with the SB-700 AF Speedlight are a variety of useful tools and accessories. First, built into the flash alongside the wide-angle diffusion panel is a white slide-out bounce card for bouncing some light directly to the subject and creating catch lights. Also, there is a diffusion dome for softening the output of the flash and fluorescent and incandescent color correction filters for balancing the flash to ambient light. All of this, along with a stand, is packaged in the SS-700 Soft Case, designed specifically for the flash and accessories.
- Guide number at the 35mm zoom position measures 92' at ISO 100 and 128' at ISO 200
- Manual power output from 1/1 full power to 1/128 power
- Light distribution angle is automatically adjustable to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats
- Auto zoom head reaches from 24-120mm with FX format and 14-120mm with DX format
- Coverage of 12-17mm in FX and 8-11mm in DX when using built-in wide-angle diffusion panel
- Thermal cut-out protection shuts off the flash to prevent damage from overheating
- Flash head tilts with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45 °, 60°, 75°, and 90°
- Flash head rotates left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180°
- Distance range of 2-66'
- Flash exposure compensation from -3 to +3 EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Backlit LCD panel with nine selectable contrast levels and a rotating dial assist in viewing flash status and changing settings
- Eleven custom settings
- Flash duration of 1/1,042 to 1/40,000 second depending on output setting
- Flash-ready indicator lights
- AF-assist light, modeling illuminator, monitor pre-flashes, and test firing settings
- AF-assist light, modeling illuminator, monitor pre-flashes, and test firing settings
- Automatic color filter detection for adjusting the camera's color temperature settings and an optional color filter pack is available
- Firmware can be updated through camera
|Guide No.||92' (28.04 m) ISO100 at 35 mm position|
|Exposure Control||Manual, i-TTL|
|Angle of Coverage||
60° - 18° Vertical
78° - 25° Horizontal
Wide-Angle Adapter: 120° - 100° Vertical
Wide-Angle Adapter: 130° - 110° Horizontal
|Vari-Power||1/1 - 1/128|
|Bounce Head||-7° to +90|
|Coverage||12 mm - 120 mm (Full frame)|
|Distance Range||2 to 66' (0.61 to 20.12 m)|
|Zoom Head||Full frame: 24 mm - 120 mm|
|Off Camera Terminal||Proprietary|
|Recycle Time||Approximately 2.5 - 3.5 seconds|
|Flash Duration||1/1042 - 1/40000 sec|
|Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
Method: Optical pulse
Distance: Up to 32.81' / 10 m
Mode: Commander, Slave
|Wireless Communication Channels||4 Channels|
|Wireless Groups||2 Groups|
|Power Source||4x AA Alkaline, Lithium, Rechargeable NiMH Batteries|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||2.8 x 5.0 x 4.1" / 71.0 x 126.0 x 104.5 mm|
|Weight||12.7 oz / 360 g without batteries|
In the Box
Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flash
- Speedlight Stand
- Nikon Diffusion Dome
- Incandescent Filter
- Fluorescent Filter
- Soft Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock