Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera
Please Check Stock Availability
- 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- 4K Video with No Crop
- Internal 4:2:2 10-Bit 4K Video at 24/30p
- 5-Axis Sensor Stabilization; Dual I.S. 2
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.2" 1.62m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Advanced DFD AF System; 6K & 4K PHOTO
- ISO 25600 and 12 fps Continuous Shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
OverviewUpgraded, redesigned, and filled with features, the Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera from Panasonic provides an outstanding imaging platform for shooters who demand some of the best video and still photography quality they can get in a single compact camera. At the heart of the camera is a 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor and a newly developed Venus Engine processor, which both offer dramatically improved processing times over its predecessor. This enables the ability to record 4K video at up to 60 fps, 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording with select settings, Full HD video at up to 180 fps, 12 fps continuous shooting, and sensitivities up to ISO 25600. Also, the camera features built-in 5-axis sensor stabilization, which can work with certain lenses to activate Dual I.S. 2 for highly effective shake correction that can compensate for up to 5 stops of shutter speed. Other improvements include a speedier and more accurate Advanced DFD autofocus system that can lock on in just 0.05 seconds, as well as 6K PHOTO at 30 fps and 4K PHOTO at up to 60 fps.
Along with all these internal improvements, the body received some significant upgrades as well. For viewing and composing images both the 0.76x OLED viewfinder and 3.2" free-angle touchscreen received resolution bumps to 3.68m dots and 1.62 m dots, respectively. This will make shooting more comfortable and more accurate. The magnesium alloy body is now freezeproof to 14°F in addition to splash and dustproof. For fast image transfer and saving, there are now two UHS-II SD card slots. Additionally, for a completely wireless setup it offers both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for advanced functionality when paired with a mobile app.
- 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- Packing in a newly developed 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor without an optical low-pass filter and a new Venus Engine processor, the GH5 claims to produce the best image quality to date from a Lumix camera. Using Multipixel Luminance Generation and Intelligent Detail Processing, it will maximize sharpness and details as well as accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. It offers excellent three-dimension color control and precise noise reduction techniques to help with shooting at sensitivities up to ISO 25600. It also enables shooting speeds of up to 12 fps with AF-S or manual focus modes.
- 4K Video Recording
- The GH5 is an exceptionally capable video camera in addition to its outstanding stills capabilities. The flagship feature is UHD 4K video at up to 60 fps, though another excellent spec is the ability to record 4:2:2 10-bit files at resolutions up to DCI and UHD 4K at 24/30 fps. A full-size HDMI port is present on the camera for high-quality output at 4:2:2 10-bit in all settings for use with external monitors and recorders. The camera also offers high bit-rate recording for highly detailed images free of compression artifacts.
For more advanced users, multiple picture styles are available to provide a more gradable image, such as CINELIKE V and CINELIKE D, as well as an in-camera LUT to make monitoring easier. Also, users will have access to overcranking and undercranking settings which provide speeds up to 2.5x slower in 4K (60 fps) and 7.5x slower in Full HD (180 fps). Also, a 4K Anamorphic mode is available, which will let you record in a proper 4:3 ratio for adjustment in post-production.
The GH5 is designed to be an expandable system, with multiple options available to help improve video recording capabilities. Examples of this are an optional V-Log L upgrade and separately available accessories such as the XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection. Users can also use standard microphones and headphones via the 3.5mm input and output jacks.
- 6K and 4K PHOTO
- Utilizing the GH5's video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8MP stills at a 60 or 30 fps shooting rate or 18MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate:
- Burst: This mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8 or 18 MP frame.
- Dual I.S. 2
- Helping to achieve the utmost sharpness when photographing handheld, Dual I.S. 2 combines the GH5's sensor-shift image stabilization technology with lens-based image stabilization to compensate for a broader range of movement types to render sharper, clearer imagery. Dual I.S. 2 requires the use of compatible Lumix lenses featuring O.I.S. This stabilization system is able to compensate for approximately 5 stops of camera shake.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A large OLED Live View Finder has an impressive 3.86m-dot resolution and 0.76x magnification for eye-level composition.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.2" 1.62m-dot rear RGBW LCD monitor has a free angle, tilt and swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots are present which provides settings such as Relay Recording to automatically switch cards when one is full; Backup Recording, which recording the same data to both cards simultaneously; and Allocation Recording, which lets you save certain files to each card for easier organization.
- Constructed from magnesium alloy with die-cast front and rear frames, the GH5 features a durable design that also incorporates extensive sealing at each joint, dial, and button to render it both splash- and dust-proof as well as freezeproof to 14°F.
- A joystick is available on the rear of the camera to make changing many settings easier and more intuitive, such as changing a focus point.
- The sleek flat-body profile incorporates both front and rear dials for intuitive control over aperture and shutter speed settings. Multiple assignable function buttons are also available, as well as a dedicated exposure compensation dial.
- Built-in 5 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC and Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked smartphones and tablets. Bluetooth LE also enables a constant connection to your mobile device, allowing for functions such as geolocation and automatic image transfer.
- 225-Area Advanced Depth-From-Defocus AF System
- For accelerated autofocus performance, and Advanced DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is employed to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position in as little as 0.05 seconds, which enables continuous shooting up to 9 fps with continuous AF. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject tracking applications where subject color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus. The sensitivity and speed can be adjusted to further improve performance with certain subjects. It also features 225 AF areas which provide excellent control over where the camera will focus. Additionally, supporting working in low-light conditions, a Starlight AF feature enables accurate AF performance down to -4 EV.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation.
- Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a fast maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec., as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Raw image files can be processed in-camera for a more streamlined post-production workflow.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included DMW-BLF19 battery provides approximately 400 shots per charge when using the rear monitor, or 380 with the electronic viewfinder.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, and Cinelike V.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Firmware Update Schedule
- Full HD 4:2:2 10-bit video recording.
- 400 Mbps 4:2:2 10-bit All-Intra video recording in 4K 30p, 25p, and 24p as well as Full HD.
- Higher resolution Anamorphic mode.
- Hybrid Log Gamma in Photo Style mode for 4K HDR video recording.
- USB tethering.
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Camera Format||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)|
Actual: 21.77 Megapixel
Effective: 20.3 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||20 MP: 5184 x 3888|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Type / Size||MOS, 17.3 x 13 mm|
Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: AVCHD Ver. 2.0, H.264, MOV, MP4
Audio: AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
4096 x 2160p at 23.98, 24, 25 fps
3840 x 2160p at 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps
3328 x 2496p at 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps
1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo + Mono)
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 225|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||3,686,000|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.76x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +3 m|
|Display Screen||3.2" Rear Touchscreen Swivel Touchscreen LCD (1,620,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)|
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 60 - 1/8000 Second
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 - 1 Minute in Bulb Mode
1/24 - 1/16000 Second in Movie Mode
Speed: 1 - 1/16000 Second
|Remote Control||DMW-RSL1 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multiple, Spot Metering|
Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 18.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4|
Up to 12 fps at 20.3 MP
Up to 30 fps at 18 MP
Up to 60 fps at 8 MP
Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction
Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Self Timer||10 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-mini (2-Ring), HDMI A (Full Size), USB 3.0, Viera Link|
|Battery||1 x DMW-BLF19 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1860 mAh|
14 to 104°F (-10 to 40°C)
Humidity: 10 - 80%
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.5 x 3.9 x 3.4" / 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm|
|Weight||1.595 lbs / 725 g with battery and memory card|
|Package Weight||3.25 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.5 x 6.0 x 5.8"|
In the BoxPanasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only)
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock