PocketWizard Plus X Transceiver
Please Check Stock Availability
- Combination Transmitter and Receiver
- 10 Channels with Backlit Channel Dial
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver
- Auto-Relay and Transmit Only Modes
- Side View Design and Internal Antenna
- Full PocketWizard Compatibility
- Made in the USA
The PocketWizard PlusX Transceiver is a versatile radio trigger that features a wealth of functionality within a simple-to-use and intuitive design. This transceiver offers 10 standard channels from which to use, and navigation between these channels is easily controlled by a backlit channel dial. These 10 channels are fully backward-compatible with all other PocketWizard radios and PocketWizard-enabled devices for maximum efficiency with existing radio setups. Contributing to its functional abilities, the PlusX also features intelligent Auto-Sensing technology, which allows the device to instantly fluctuate between transmitter and receiver duties. Auto-relay is also supported in order to promote a completely remote workflow.
The PlusX design revolves around an internal antenna and side-profile design that contribute to overall durability and a streamlined appearance. This minimal design aesthetic is also benefitted by the simplified connection strategies that allow the radio to be fully functional when attached to a camera's hot shoe, without any cabled connections required. For attaching to remotes and external lights, a 3.5mm miniphone socket is available and three cables are included to offer an array of popular connection types.
- 10 Standard Channels
- The PlusX features 10 standard channels for use to provide greater availability when working amongst other photographers or for greater control over complex lighting situations. These channels are compatible with all other PocketWizard of the same frequency.
- Backlit Channel Dial and Status Indicator
- An analog dial is used to quickly and easily switch between the 10 available channels. A full-time amber backlight is used to illuminate the selected channel for convenience and greater visibility when working in dimly-lit conditions. A tri-color LED is also incorporated into the design and provides a visual means for gauging the PlusX battery life when it is sending or receiving a transmission.
- Internal Antenna
- The internal antenna provides greater durability and eliminates the possibility or bending or breaking it during use. It also produces a more streamlined appearance when in use, and corresponds well to the side-profile design to create an overall visually unobtrusive look.
- Simplified Connectivity
- The transceiver is easily attached to most cameras through the hot shoe, with no extraneous cables required. For attaching to remotes and lights, there is an all-in-one sync port for wide compatibility. Cables are included for attaching from miniphone-to-miniphone, miniphone-to-phono, and miniphone-to-PC sync for cameras without a hot shoe. It is also compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers (of the same frequency) as well as PocketWizard-enabled lighting and metering equipment.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver
- The PlusX is automatically set to intelligently and instantly switch between transmitter and receiver modes for the greatest amount of flexibility. You can also manually override this function and choose to have it act as a dedicated transmitter only, which will cancel its ability to receive or relay signals.
- Auto-Relay Mode
- When using three PocketWizard radios, you can remotely trigger a camera to fire and trigger a flash simultaneously. Utilizing the Auto-Sensing technology, the transceiver mounted to the camera can instantly receive a signal from an auxiliary transceiver, and then instantly convey the transmission to a remote flash. This provides a simple and highly efficient remote workflow.
- Range and Sync Speed
- When used in ideal conditions, this transceiver is capable of producing and receiving a signal up to 1600' away. It supports sync speeds up to 1/250 sec. with focal plane shutters and 1/500 sec. with leaf shutters with a maximum triggering speed up to 14.5fps.
- Important Information
- Units sold in USA use 344.0 MHz for channels 1-16, and 346.5-354.0 MHz for channels 17-32
- Units sold in Europe use 433.62 MHz for channels 1-16, and 434.22 for channels 17-32
- USA and Euro models cannot converse with each other
- USA models may interfere with devices in Europe
|Frequency||344.04 MHz (FCC/IC model)|
|Channels||10 standard channels|
|Antenna||Precision tuned internal coil|
|Range||Up to 1600' (487.7 m)|
|Max Sync Speed||Up to 1/250 sec. (focal plane shutter)
Up to 1/500 sec. (leaf shutter)
|Triggering Speed||Up to 14.5 fps|
|Contact Time||62 ms (in normal operation)|
|Transmitting Output Power||Less than 1 mW|
|Power Source||2x AA (LR6) batteries; 1.5V alkaline, NiMH, NiCAD, NiZn, or lithium chemistries accepted|
|Battery Life||Up to 100 hours (with alkaline batteries)|
|Max Port Sync Voltage||300V (camera/flash port)|
|Max Current Handling||1.0 A peak
0.2 A continuous current limited
|Housing||High impact plastic with captive battery door|
|Mounting||Hot shoe, D-ring loop, 1/4"-20 threaded socket|
|Input/Output||3.5 mm stereo miniphone jack, hot shoe|
|Operating Temperature||5-120°F / -15-50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-22-185°F / -30-85°C|
|Dimensions||4.2 x 2.1 x 1.2" / 10.7 x 5.3 x 3 cm|
|Weight||3.9 oz / 110 g (with batteries installed)|
In the Box
- Stereo 3.5mm Miniphone-to-Miniphone Cable
- Mono 3.5mm Miniphone-to-Locking PC Cable
- Stereo 3.5mm Miniphone-to-1/4" Adapter
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock