Profoto B1X 500 AirTTL To-Go Kit
Please Check Stock Availability
- 80% Brighter LED Modeling Light
- Better Battery: 325 Full Power Flashes
- Full 9-Stop High-Speed Sync Power Range
- Flash Duration: 1/19,000 - 1/1000 Sec
- 0.1 - 1.9 Sec Recycling
- LED Modeling Lamp (130W Equivalent)
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
Profoto continues to impress and surprise us, this time with an enhanced version of the B1 battery-powered monolight, the B1X, introduced with the B1X 500 AirTTL 1-Light To-Go Kit. All of the familiar professional and convenience features we've come to expect from Profoto are onboard. The B1X has the same dense, durable polymer housing, integrated 77-degree reflector, built-in receiver compatible with Air Remote TTL remotes and intuitive highly visible controls and display.
AirTTL remotes are made for Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Olympus cameras. Busy photographers can literally set up their lights, slip the optional Air Remote TTL-C, TTL-N, TTL-S, or TTL-O remote onto their camera's hot shoe and point-and-shoot without taking a reading and testing. Composition, posing, etc. is of course up to the photographer, but time after time, the B1X will give you a first shot exposure that's a keeper.
The (separately purchased) remote is the key to this convenience and control. Operating on 2.4 GHz band width, the remote, really a controller, has 8 frequency channels and with 3 groups per channel and a range of up to 330' for TTL triggering and 1000' for normal non-TTL triggering. Each channel has power ratio capability of +/- 2 stops. If you prefer to use manual you have +/- 9 stops power variation. You've also got modeling light, unit shut-down, and first or rear curtain control. The AirTTL remotes have mini-USB connectors for firmware updates directly from Profoto's website. The B1X's core performance features are equally impressive. The B1X recycles in 0.1 to 1.9 seconds but can deliver up to 20 flashes per second in Quick Burst Mode which engages at lower power settings. Flash duration in Normal Mode is a very fast 1/1000 sec but there's also a Freeze Mode that delivers flash durations as short as 1/19,000 sec for capturing liquid sprays or splashes and other creative effects.
The B1X is also capable of High Speed Sync. HSS is the technical term for syncing flash with shutter speeds shorter than the so-called x-sync, typically 1/250 of a second. It's a useful tool for controlling ambient light and for freezing action. Profoto uses a patent-pending technology that emits an extremely fast series of flash pulses. A simple button-press activates HSS Mode allowing you to shoot at shutter speeds as fast as 1/8000 of a second. The B1X 500 AirTTL employs an improved, high-capacity, exchangeable lithium-ion battery that gets up to 325 flashes on a 2.5-hour charge with the included 2.8A charger or a 1.5-hour charge with an optional 4.5A quick charger. The battery has fuel gauge-type LEDs that make monitoring remaining power easy. The B1X's modeling light is LED to put less strain on the battery. It provides the equivalent output of a 130W halogen bulb and will run for 120 minutes on a full charge.
Finally, B1X's back panel features a large, bright LCD screen that informs the user of the flash's power level, radio channel and group, sync choice, modeling light mode and recycle alert. There's also a large battery gauge that literally can be read from 20' away.
The B1X 500 TTL comes with a protective cap, 2.8A charger, and a soft case.
- Full TTL with Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Olympus Cameras
- The B1X's patent-pending technology fully integrates the flash head with your Canon, Nikon, Sony, or Olympus camera. The integration is so complete that Profoto sometimes refers to the B1X as an "off-camera flash." The key to this control is the Air Remote TTL.
- Optional Air Remote
- The Air Remote TTL transmitters have 8 frequency channels with 3 groups per channel and a range of up to 330' for TTL triggering. Each channel has power ratio capability of +/- 2 stops in TTL or +/- 9 stops in manual. Modeling light, shut-down of the unit and first or rear curtain exposure can also be selected.
- Firmware Updates
- Both the flash head and the Air Remote have mini-USB connections for firmware updates directly from Profoto's website.
- High Speed Sync as Fast as 1/8000 Sec
- High-Speed Sync (HSS) is the technical term for syncing flash with shutter speeds shorter than the so-called x-sync - typically 1/250 of a second. It is a useful tool for controlling ambient light and for freezing action. Profoto uses a unique, patent-pending technology, providing an extremely fast series of flash pulses. Switch to HSS Mode with a simple button-press that allows you to shoot at shutter speeds as fast as 1/8000 of a second.
- Exceptionally Short Flash Duration
- In Normal Mode, which prioritizes color fidelity, the B1 500 AirTTL is capable of t0.5 flash durations of 1/11,000 sec at minimum power, and 1/1000 sec at full power.
- Freeze Mode
- Freeze Mode automatically selects the shortest flash duration possible at the user-selected power level. Motion-stopping flash durations of 1/19,000 at minimum power make the B1X 500 AirTTL ideal for high speed shooting.
- Quick Burst Mode
- At lower power settings Quick Burst Mode allows a series of flashes to be fired at a faster pace than the B1 can recharge, allowing triggering of up to 20 frames per second.
- Lithium-ion Battery Powered
- The B1's Lithium-ion battery gives you up to 325 full power flashes and thousands of minimum power flashes on a 2.5-hour charge from the provided 2.8A multi-voltage charger. An optional 4.5 A quick charger shortens that time to 1.5 hours. Fuel gauge type LEDs on both the battery and charger allow you to monitor remaining power.
- LED Modeling Lamp
- An LED modeling light with a 130W tungsten-equivalent output draws very little power from the battery and generates minimal heat. The light can be set to proportional or full power and will dim during recycling if that option is selected.
- Control Panel
- The B1X's control panel has a 1.4 x 2.5" bright LCD screen that informs the user of the flash's power level, sync choice, modeling light mode and recycle alert. There's also a large battery gauge that literally can be read from 20' away
- Power Variable over 9 Stops
- Power can be regulated over a 9-stop range (2 to 500Ws / 1/256 to 1/1) in 1/10 or 1-stop increments.
- Full Light Shaper System Compatibility
- With its zoom scale and integrated umbrella sleeve, the B1X 500 AirTTL is compatible with Profoto's extensive line of umbrellas, reflectors, and softboxes.
|Maximum Watt/Seconds||500W/s +/- 1/20 Stop|
|Guide Number||291 @6.56' (2.0 m), 100 ISO with Magnum reflector|
Power in 1/10 stop increments
Battery charge level
Modeling light status
Recycle alert (beep, dim, beep and dim, silent)
Sync (slave, radio channel, group)
Back Panel Control:
1/10 or 1-stop increments 9.0 stops
2.0 - 10 power level (1/256-1/1)
2.0 - 500Ws
Minimum/Maximum: 0.1 - 1.9 sec
Quick Burst Mode: 20 frames per sec
Normal Mode (t0.5): 1/11,000 - 1/1000 sec min/max power
Freeze Mode (0.05): 1/19,000 - 1/1000 sec min/max power
+/- 150K over entire power range, +/- 20K flash to flash
+/- 800K over entire power range, +/- 50K flash to flash
|Beam Angle||77 degrees with built-in reflector and opal protective glass|
2500 lumens, 24 W LED (130 W tungsten equivalent)
Replaceable by service tech
|Modeling Light Control||Off / Proportional / Free (full) 5.0 - 100%|
|Wireless Remote||YYes, via optional Air Remote TTL-C/N/S/O, Air remote, Air USB (Profoto Studio) Wireless range:
Up to 1,000' (300 m) for normal triggering
Up to 330' (100 m) for TTL with optional Air Remote
|Frequency Band||2.4 GHz|
|Triggering||Air radio slaves, optical (IR), sync cord|
|Max Sync Speed||Up to 1/250 sec. in normal mode
Up to 1/8,000 sec. in High Speed mode (requires free firmware update)
100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, self-sensing
14.8 VDC / 3 Ah via included, rechargeable battery
|Auto Power Off||Yes, after 60 minutes of disuse
Sleep mode after 30 minutes of disuse
325 full-power flashes Battery Life: 300 charge cycles (to 80% left)
|Flash Ready Indicator||Beep tone, ready right, modeling light dimming|
|Battery Charge Time||
2.5 Hours with included 2.8 V multi-voltage charger
1.5 Hours with optional 4.5 V quick charger
|Battery Charge Display||
Green LED Indicators: 3 sections 100-70%
2 sections 70-40%
1 section 40-10%
1 Section blinking: 10%
|User Replaceable Flashtube||No, via authorized service tech.|
|Circuit Protection||Adaptive thermal control|
14 to +122°F (-10 to +50°C)
Storage: 4 to +140°F (-20 to +60°C)
Length x Diameter:
Body Only: 12.2 x 5.12 (310 x 130 mm)
With 5/8" (16 mm) Stand Adapter: 12.2 x 6.69" (310 x 170 mm)
|Weight||6.61 lb (3.0 kg) including battery|
In the BoxProfoto B1X 500 AirTTL 1-Light To-Go Kit
- Lithium-Ion Battery for B1 and B1X AirTTL Flash Heads
- Plastic Transport Cap for D1 and B1 Heads
- Battery Charger 2.8A for B1 and B2 500 AirTTL
- Bag XS for B1 500 AirTTL
- Limited Warranty
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock