Sekonic L-478D LiteMaster Pro Light Meter
Please Check Stock Availability
- Color Touch Screen Interface
- Still, Cine, Incident, Reflected, Flash Exposure Meter
- Custom Exposure Profiles and Calibration
- Flash Exposure Analyzing Function
- Adjustable Menu Navigation
- Retractable and Removable Lumisphere
- AAA Battery Power Source
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
The Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478D Light Meter is an incident and flash meter featuring a color touch screen interface. The touch screen-based navigation lends itself to a highly intuitive and efficient workflow, allowing you to quickly modify exposure settings and navigate menus. This meter is also highly versatile and capable of measuring flash, incident and reflected light for still, HD video, or cine applications.
The L-478D can be customized or adapted to your own specifications; depending on the metering modes you use most often, you can hide certain modes to create a more streamlined menu system. Exposure constants include shutter speed, f/-number, ISO, shutter angle, and frame rate; and the exposure variable can be decided upon depending on the situation you are working in. Illuminance and luminance values can also be taken, which are measured in footcandles/lux or candela per square meter/foot-lamberts, respectively. For more fine-tuned results, you can create and input personal profiles, allowing the meter to display exposure settings in accordance with your specific camera's dynamic range and clipping points.
Other settings available include the ability to memorize up to 10 different exposure readings in order to refer back for comparative overall measurements. The AVE/EV setting allows you to make one master exposure reading and have subsequent readings displayed as differential values based on the master exposure value. When working with flash metering, the flash exposure values can be expressed as a percentage of the flash-to-ambient light, giving you the ability to more easily alter and previsualize lighting ratios. Filter compensation and exposure compensation settings can also be applied in order to remove the necessity to apply different filter factors after a meter reading has been taken.
- Color Touch Screen Interface and Design
- The touch screen provides a more intuitive style of navigation and allows you to simply touch the settings you wish to adjust. Menu navigation is intuitive and the handling of various configurations becomes an expedited process.
- Simple visual layout provides a clear view of your exposure setting and permits customization in regard to the information you wish to be displayed (including a choice of analog exposure scales (EV or f/-stops); 1, 1/2, or 1/3 step increments; the inclusion of 1/10 stops; and the option to hide metering modes you do not use frequently).
- One physical menu button provides access to a more in-depth menu system that is then navigated through the touch screen. This menu allows for you to program exposure profiles and modify custom settings for your meter.
- Measure and memory buttons are located on the side of the device for recording and initiating exposure readings. A PC sync terminal is located on the bottom of the device for direct, corded flash metering. A USB terminal is located on the side and provides a connection point to your computer for firmware updates and for loading exposure profiles to your meter. The attached light receptor features a retractable Lumisphere that can be rotated 90° clockwise or 180° counter-clockwise. It is also removable in order to facilitate the use of optional attachments.
- Versatility Between Metering Methods
- Ability to measure incident or flash light and display exposure readings as f/-numbers, shutter speeds, or ISO settings for use with still imaging, HD video, and cine uses. Exposure constants also include frame rate and shutter angle for a variety of motion uses.
- Also capable of measuring illuminance as footcandles/lux or luminance as candela per square meter/foot-lamberts.
- Flash metering can display the percentage of flash-to-ambient light within the scene for precise lighting ratios.
- Comparative metering can be accomplished by using the AVE/EV function; allowing you to set a standard reading and have subsequent readings shown as the difference in exposure value.
- Cinematic modes offer creative options for setting frame rates between 1 to 1000fps or shutter angles from 1° to 358°.
- Filter compensation mode enables you to directly apply the effects of filters to your exposure reading. Up to four different filter factors can be applied at once, and up to 30 different filter factors can be stored for use (24 common filters are pre-programmed, including CTB, CTO, ND, +/- green, and 85 amber filters).
- Custom Profiling
- You can enable and disable different metering modes from showing up in menus, allowing you to configure the meter to your own personal workflow.
- Calibration and custom profiling can be accomplished in accordance to your own personal camera by executing a series of exposure tests, processing the tests through Sekonic's Data Transfer Software (included), and outputting the results as a personal profile for use with your meter. These personal profiles confine your meter to work within your specific camera's dynamic range (up to 10 distinct profiles can be saved). Profiles can also be modified or created directly through the meter.
- Display Range
- ISO- ISO 3 to 409600 (in 1/3 steps)
- Shutter Speed- Ambient: 30 min. to 1/6400 sec. (in 1, 1/2, and 1/3 steps), 1/200 and 1/400 sec. also available
Flash: 30 min. to 1/1000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, and 1/3 steps), 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, and 1/400 sec. also available
- Aperture- f/0.5 to f/162.2 (in 1/3 steps)
- Frame Rate (f/s)- 1 to 1000 (20 types other possible settings)
- Shutter Angle- 1° to 358° (20 types other possible settings)
- EV- EV -27.9 to 55.8 (only effective with ambient light)
- Analog- T scale: 4 to 1/2000 sec. (in 1/3 steps)
F scale: f/1.0 to f/90 (in 1/3 steps)
EV scale: EV -3 to 3 (incident light, in 1/3 steps) / EV -7 to 7 (reflected light, in 1/3 steps)
Illuminance lux: 0 to 50,000 lux
Illuminance fc: 0 to 5,000 fc
Luminance cd/m2: 0 to 2,500 cd/m2
Luminance fl: 0 to1,000 fl
- Contrast- EV -9.9 to 9.9 (in 1/10 steps)
- Filter Compensation- EV -5 to 5 (in 1/10 steps)
- Compensation- EV -9.9 to 9.9 (in 1/10 steps)
|Metering Method||Incident light and reflected light (with optional attachment)|
|Receptor Head||Lumisphere convertible to flat diffuser (with retracted Lumisphere)|
|Receptor Element||Silicon photo diodes|
|Measuring Modes||Ambient: Aperture priority measuring, Shutter speed priority measuring, TF priority measuring, Cine measuring, HD Cine camera measuring, Illuminance measuring (lux, foot candle), Luminance measuring (foot-lambert, cdm2)
Flash: Cord Mode (with/without multiple cumulative), Cordless Mode (with/without multiple cumulative)
|Measuring Range||Ambient- Incident: EV -2 to 22.9 (approx. f/2 at 15 sec. to f/22.9 at 1/8000 sec.) / Reflected: EV 3 to 19.9
Flash light- Incident: f/1.0 to f/128.9 / Reflected: f/2.8 to f/128.9
Illuminance- 0.63 to 2,000,000 lux / 0.10 to 180,000 fc (EV -2 to 19.6)
Luminance (Reflected Light)- 1 to 980,000 cdm2 (EV 3 to 22.9) / 0.29 to 290,000 fl (EV 1.5 to 22.9)
|Repeat Accuracy||+/- 0.1 EV or less|
|Calibration Constant||Incident: Lumisphere C = 340, Flat C = 250
Reflected: K = 12.5
|Power Source||2x AAA dry cell batteries (alkaline, manganese, lithium, nickel hydride, or nickel-based)|
|Operating Temperature||14-122°F / -10-50°C (no condensation)|
|Storage Temperature||-4-140°F / -20-60°C (no condensation)|
|Dimensions||2.2 x 5.5 x 1" / 57 x 140 x 26 mm|
|Weight||4.6 oz / 130 g (without batteries)|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock