Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- For Canon/Nikon DSLRs with APS-C / DX Size Sensors
- 4 Stops of Anti-Shake (OS) Compensation
- Aperture of f/2.8 throughout Zoom Range
- Accepts 77mm Filters
- Ultra Compact (Only 3.6", 91.8mm Long)
- Multi-Layered Lens Coating
- Excellent Correction for Aberrations
- Hyper-Sonic Motor for Quiet/Fast AF
- Close Focusing Distance of 11" (28cm)
The Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens is an incredibly versatile, lightweight, and compact lens designed specifically for digital SLR cameras with APS-C / DX size sensors. The lens has a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the entire zoom range. It features a construction of 17 elements in 13 groups with glass that corrects for flare, ghosting and all types of aberrations. It produces high contrast and sharp images throughout the zoom range even at its maximum aperture.
Sigma's OS (Optical Stabilization) feature allows you to shoot at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. This means your images will look sharper, even when shooting without a tripod in low existing light or at maximum range with a flash. This lens is also equipped with Sigma's Hyper-Sonic Motor (HSM) which provides for fast and quiet autofocusing.
The Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 is ideal for many photo opportunities particularly landscapes and portraits, but with its wide focal range and a close focusing distance down to 11" (28cm) you can capture images with unique perspectives. It will quickly become one of the most important lenses in your gear bag.
Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
- This lens is for use with digital cameras with APS-C size sensors only
- The DC designation on the barrel means that this is a special lens designed so that the image circle matches the smaller size (APS-C) of the image sensor of your digital SLR. Its specialized design gives this lens the ideal properties for digital cameras, including a compact size and lightweight construction.
- The 17-50mm f/2.8 offers Sigma's OS System (Optical Stabilization) that allows shooting at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would be otherwise possible, for sharper handheld photography even in low-light situations.
- Constructed with 17 elements in 13 groups, it features FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass which is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. FLD glass offers superior optical performance, equal to fluorite, at an affordable price.
- Its HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus.
- Sigma lenses are made in Japan.
|17 - 50mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon / Nikon|
|Format Compatibility||Canon / Nikon (APS-C)|
|Aspect Angle of View||72.4° - 27.9°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11" (27.94 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.3 x 3.6" (8.38 x 9.14 cm)|
|Weight||1.24 lb (565 g)|
In the BoxSigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens for Canon/Nikon DSLRs with APS-C Sensors
- Lens Hood
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Carrying Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock