Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- Canon EF / Nikon F
- Aperture Range: f/4-32
- 1 SLD & 2 FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Optical Stabilizer; Drop-In Filter Slot
- Magensium-Alloy Barrel & Brass Mount
- Dust & Splash-Proof Construction
- Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Compatible with Sigma Teleconverters
Loaded with almost every piece of technology in Sigma's Global Vision arsenal, the 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Lens takes its spot as the flagship in the speedy Sports line. Available here with a Canon EF / Nikon F mount, this super telephoto lens lets you capture distant subjects, and with a speedy Hyper Sonic AF motor users will be able to easily track fast action. A relatively fast maximum aperture of f/4 furthers your imaging potential with excellent illumination for a lens of this class. One SLD and two FLD elements help ensure outstanding optical performance by minimizing aberrations and distortion while a Super Multi-Layer coating combats flare and ghosting. Also, this lens is equipped with an Optical Stabilizer system that compensates for up to 4 stops of shutter speed.
This large lens is designed to be used in some of the most trying conditions and is made from a durable and lightweight magnesium alloy. It is protected from dust and water and uses a brass bayonet mount. Filter users will appreciate a 46mm drop-in filter system while a rotating tripod collar is available for using the lens on a tripod or monopod. Additionally, the 500mm lens is fully compatible with Sigma's Global Vision teleconverter for getting an extended reach.
As part of the Sports line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens' is designed to offer excellent optical performance, speed, and other customizable features that make it an ideal choice for wildlife, sports, action, and other fast-moving subjects.
- This super telephoto 500mm f/4 prime lens is designed for full-frame format Canon EF/Nikon F-mount cameras, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 750mm equivalent focal length.
- A relatively fast f/4 maximum aperture provides excellent illumination for a lens of this focal length.
- One SLD and two FLD elements have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and help to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast regardless of focus point or aperture setting. This optical design also helps to control distortion and limit vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. A dedicated switch on the barrel of the lens provides multiple AF modes, including a focus recall setting and AF off. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time. Two manual focus modes are available, the standard AF/MF option and an MO setting that switches the lens into manual even during continuous AF.
- Optical Stabilizer system can compensate for approximately 4 stops of shutter speed for sharper images. Two modes are available, one for general use and one for panning, which uses Intelligent OS for more effective panning in any direction.
- Compatible with Sigma Global Vision Teleconverters, this lens can be extended into a 700mm f/5.6 lens with the 1.4x teleconverter or a 1000mm f/8 lens with the 2x teleconverter.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Drop-in filter system works with 46mm filters. An optional RCP-11 Circular Polarizer filter is designed specifically for the lens and can be rotated while it is inserted.
- The lens barrel is constructed using a magnesium alloy that is lightweight and durable, which allows this lens to perform in a wide range of situations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- The lens hood is made of carbon fiber, a lightweight but strong material that will perform in tough conditions.
- A rotating tripod foot helps keep this lens secure during shoots and features antistatic nickel plating to improve durability. It features click stops every 90° and can be turned off with a de-clicking switch for smooth movement. The lens also comes with a dedicated strap for the tripod foot which limits strain on the camera mount.
- Dust- and splash-proof construction with rubber sealing to protect the mount and a water- and oil-repellent coating on the front and rear elements.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF / Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Aspect Angle of View||5°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.48' (3.5 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.5|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
Yes Fixed - rotating
|Filter Thread||Drop-in: 46 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 5.70 x 14.97" (144.8 x 380.3 mm)|
|Weight||7.30 lb (3.31 kg)|
In the BoxSigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens
- WR Protector
- LH1388-01 Lens Hood
- Lens Case
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock