Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- For APS-C Format Digital SLR Cameras
- Equiv. to Aproxx. 12-24mm in 35mm Format
- 75.5-114° Angle of View
- 9.4" (24cm) Minimum Focus Distance
- Well Corrected for Distortions
- FLD Elements Correct Color Aberrations
The Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM is an ultra-wide zoom that has a 35mm equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on DSLRs with APS-C / DX size image sensors. Sigma's FLD glass elements, equal to fluorite glass, correct for distortions and color aberrations to deliver beautiful high contrast images.
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4" (24cm) allowing you to get in close to a subject to create exaggerated perspectives. This super wide angle zoom is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and a wide variety of other shooting opportunities you may encounter.
Note: Due to the curved shape of the front element, filters cannot be attached to this lens.
Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size / Nikon DX or 35mm SLR cameras.
- The lens features FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass to compensate for color aberration.
- The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting while superior peripheral brightness ensures high contrast images throughout the entire zoom range.
- One hybrid aspherical lens and two glass mold elements give excellent correction for distortion and astigmatism.
- It produces images with exaggerated perspective with its wide angle view.
- The HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capabilities.
|8 - 16mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4.5 - 5.6
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF-S / Nikon FX|
|Format Compatibility||Canon (APS-C) / Nikon DX|
|Aspect Angle of View||114.5° - 75.7°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.4" (23.88 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.0 x 4.2" (7.62 x 10.67 cm)|
|Weight||1.22 lb (555 g)|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock