Sony HXR-NX5R NXCAM Professional Camcorder with Built-In LED Light
Please Check Stock Availability
- 3 x 1/2.8" CMOS Sensors
- XAVC-S, AVCHD 2.0, DV Codecs
- Integrated Wide Angle 20x G-Lens
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI & HDMI Output
- Dual XLR Inputs
- Built-In LED Dimmable Light
- Slow & Quick Motion
- Memory Stick PRO Duo & SDXC/SDHC Cards
Extending the NXCAM line of solid-state camcorders, Sony's HXR-NX5R offers improved network functionality over previous cameras in the line, and it allows you to select from XAVC-S 50 Mb/s to AVCHD/DV recording. Suitable for documentaries, corporate, weddings, events, nature, sports, and journalism, the NX5R shoots at NTSC broadcast frame rates from 59.94 to 23.98. The built-in Wi-Fi and FTP wireless connections enable you to send footage to your editor from the camera while on location, instead of having to send the media cards to the editor. The legacy codec support allows you to shoot and subsequently edit your footage into older projects shot on AVCHD or even DV formats. However, just because the NX5R supports older codecs doesn't make it any less capable. It incorporates a 3G-SDI output that supports Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at 59.94 fps, as well as 1080i, 720p, and the previously mentioned 720 x 480i.
Three 1/2.8" CMOS Exmor sensors and a 20x optical zoom Sony G lens with 40x Clear Image Zoom provide sharp and clear images. And if you need more illumination there is a built-in LED light above the lens. Professional audio is not forgotten with two XLR inputs that support Line, mic, and mic +48 (phantom power). The Slow & Quick Motion function enables 1080p recording at selectable frame rates. The camera features two media card slots that support recording on Memory Stick PRO Duo or SDHC/SDXC media cards.
- Built-In LED Light
- Mounted above the lens and just below the built-in mic, the LED light features a roughly 90° beam angle, outputting a color temperature of about 5500K. It has an integrated dimmer and includes a snap-on diffuser to soften the output.
- Wi-Fi and FTP
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and FTP allow you to send your footage to your editor while you are still shooting, so post-production doesn't have to wait on the data cards being sent from the shoot.
- XAVC S
- The NX5R can record 1920 x 1080p footage at 59.94 fps using the XAVC S codec.
- AVCHD Format
- The AVCHD format utilizes the MPEG-4, AVC/H.264 video codec, allowing users to record HD video footage onto random access media, such as Memory Stick PRO Duo and SDHC memory cards. The NX5R supports AVCHD and AVCHD 2.0
- G Lens
- "G Lens", the lens featured in other successful Sony camcorders, already enjoys an excellent industry reputation. In the HXR-NX5R, this sophisticated lens is optimized to complement the camcorder's advanced image sensor and image processing technology.
- Built-In ND filters
- The HXR-NX5R is equipped with three built-in ND (Neutral Density) filters—1/4, 1/16, 1/64—which help vary the depth of field with iris control.
- Relay Record with Dual Memory Slots
- Another new feature is continuous recording between two memory card slots. The new HXR-NX5R camcorder automatically cycles between the dual memory slots. When using two 32GB memory cards, six hours of continuous HD footage can be recorded.
Iris: f/1.6 – f/11
Focal Length: 4.1 – 82mm (equivalent to 28.8 – 576mm on 16:9, 35 mm format)
2: 1/4 ND
3: 1/16 ND
4: 1/64 ND
|Filter Size||M72 mm|
3 x 1/2.8"" Exmor CMOS
|Gain||-6, -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30 dB, AGC|
|Shutter Speed||1/3 – 1/10,000|
|Minimum Illumination||1.2 Lux @ 60i (1/30 shutter speed, iris/gain Auto)|
XAVC S HDï¼MPEG4-AVC / H264 4:2:0 Long profile
AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible DV
1920 x 1080p: 59.94/29.97/23.98 (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p: 59.94 - PS mode (28 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i: 59.94i/29.97p/23.98p - FX mode (24 Mb/s), FH mode(17 Mb/s)
1440 x 1080i: @59.94 - HQ mode (9 Mb/s), LP mode (5 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p: 59.94 - FX mode (24 Mb/s), FH mode (17 Mb/s), HQ mode (9 Mb/s)
720 x 576i: 59.94 (25 Mb/s)
XAVC S HD @ LPCM 2ch 50 Mbps
Approx. 155 min with 64 GB memory card
AVCHD @ LPCM 2ch PS Mode
Approx. 290 min with 64 GB memory card
Approx. 145 min with 32 GB memory card
AVCHD @ LPCM 2ch FX Mode
Approx. 340 min with 64 GB memory card
Approx. 170 min with 32 GB memory card
AVCHD @ LPCM 2ch FH Mode
Approx. 450 min with 64 GB memory card
Approx. 225 min with 32 GB memory card
Approx. 280 min with 64 GB memory card
Approx. 140 min with 32 GB memory card
Audio: 2 x 3-pin XLR
Remote: 1 x Stereo 3.5 mm mini jack
3G/HD/SD-SDI: 1 x BNC
HDMI: 1 x HDMI type A
USB: 1 x Multi/Micro USB
Composite: 1 x BNC 1.0 Vpp, 75 Ohms
Earphone: 1 x Stereo 3.5 mm mini jack
Audio: 1 x Stereo 3.5 mm mini jack
Built-In LCD: 3.5" type LCD (approx. 1.56 M dots)
Viewfinder: 0.39" type OLED (approx. 1.44 M dots)
|Accessory Shoe||1 x Multi-interface shoe|
|Media Card Slots||
1 x Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
Frequency: 2.4 GHz bandwidth
Security: WEP / WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compliant
Streaming: MPEG-2 TS / UDP, RTMP (Ustream)
1.0 m, approx. 200 lx
0.5 m, approx. 800 lx
|Beam Angle||Approximately 90°|
|Color Temperature||Approximately 5500K|
32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
Approx. 7.5 W (while recording with viewfinder and AVCHD 1080i60 FX)
Approx. 7.8 W (while recording with LCD and AVCHD 1080i60 FX)
|Battery Operating Time||
Approx. 240 min. with NP-F770 battery
Approx. 440 min. with NP-F770 battery (while playing with LCD, AVCHD 1080i60 FX)
|Dimensions (W x H x D||
7.0 x 7.9 x 15.3" / 17.8 × 20.1 × 38.9 cm
With accessories (lens hood, large eyecup), excluding the grip belt and including the projecting parts
4.7 lb / 2.1 kg (Body and lens only)
5.5 lb / 2.5 kg (Body with lens, lens hood, eyecup, NP-F770 battery)
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock