Used: Sony HDR-AX2000E AVCHD PAL Camcorder
Please Check Stock Availability
- Sony HDR-AX2000E AVCHD PAL Camcorder
- 2 x Batteries (Big & Small)
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Padded Bag
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
Sony's HDR-AX2000E AVCHD PAL Camcorder makes for an impressive prosumer-level AVCHD camcorder. While less sophisticated than the HXR-NX5UE (its NXCAM pro counterpart), it marks a clear improvement from its HDV predecessor, the HDR-FX1000E. The camera's ability to capture HD and SD video in AVCHD and MPEG-2 formats along with the ability to save to solid state media is only one of the traits distinguishing it from its tape-based forebearer. Full 1920 x 1080 HD video, which can be recorded at 50i and 25p, is another. The footage can be saved to either a Memory Stick PRO Duo or SD/SDHC card, then easily downloaded to computer for editing via USB 2.0 interface.
Along with the three 1/3" CMOS Exmor sensors and 20x 'G' lens from the FX1000 comes a new professional element: audio, in the form of dual XLR ports. This means direct input of balanced, pro-level microphones without the need for an XLR-to-mini adapter. Component, HDMI, and S-Video outputs are also available, allowing for direct connection with analog and digital displays.
Another great pro feature is the three control rings around the lens, for iris, focus and zoom. The rings bring a more reliable, intuitive feel to image adjustment. When users select one of the (4) built-in neutral density filters, color bars, zebra display, and a live histogram, they have a perfect camcorder for documentaries, indie features, music videos, and a variety of other applications.
- Progressive Recording 25p
- In addition to 1080/50i recording, the HDR-AX2000E offers a 1080/25p Progressive Scan mode that enables shooting with film-like results. Signals scanned at 25p are converted to 50i and recorded on MemoryStick PRO Duo or SD/SDHC media.
- Up to 24Mbps AVCHD Video
- The HDR-AX2000E can capture video at up to 24Mbps for amazing clarity and detail, ideal for recording on to Blu-ray media since the AVCHD2 codec is highly compatible with the Blu-ray format.
- Superior Low-light (1.5 LUX) Shooting Capabilities
- Superior low-light ability with high sensitivity enables clear shooting of subjects in light as low as 1.5 lux (at 1/25 fixed shutter speed with auto iris and auto gain). This allows you to capture sharp detail and brilliant colors even in less than perfect lighting, especially when professional lighting cannot be used.
- 3x 1/3" ClearVid CMOS Sensors w/ Exmor Technology
- The HDR-AX2000E features three 1/3" ClearVid CMOS sensors, each having 1.1 million total pixels. The (3) independent CMOS sensors each handle one of the color elements, red, green, blue (RGB), improving the color reproduction of video recordings. Dark scenes can be captured with low noise thanks to "Exmor"-derived technology, featuring a column A/D converter and dual noise reduction. Sensor resolution has been optimized and the photosensitive surface area has been maximized thanks to the unique grid arrangement of the photo diode sensors, in which each is rotated by 45 degrees. This model also features the signal processing circuit, the Enhanced Imaging Processor (EIP) which uses Sony's unique image-processing technology.
- Dual XLR Professional Audio Inputs
- Professional quality video requires professional quality audio. Featuring dual XLR 3-pin audio jacks, you will be able to provide +48V phantom power to external microphones. Additionally, the grounded connection allows insertion/removal of connectors in live equipment without picking up external signals.
- Wide Angle G-Lens: 29.5mm to 590mm (20x)
- The HDR-AX2000E is equipped with a 29.5mm wide-angle "G" Lens made from an advanced 10-group, 15-element lens including extra-low dispersion glass, which reduces chromatic aberration caused by light refraction, and produces video with extremely low color fringing. The 20x optical zoom (29.5mm-590mm: 35mm conversion) takes maximum advantage of the lens performance, so image quality does not suffer even at a zoom ratio of 20x, allowing you to faithfully reproduce the subject's impact. The digital extender increases zoom by 1.5 throughout the range up to 30x at full zoom.
- CinemaTone Gamma and CinemaTone Color
- Users seeking extra control over image expression can use CinemaTone Gamma to deepen the color and CinemaTone Color to recreate film-like color tones. Cinematone Gamma allows operators to quickly set up and load a gamma curve with similar contrast characteristics to a film gamma curve.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization w/Active Mode
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode improves on existing Optical SteadyShot image stabilization by allowing the camera lens to shift over a greater range of motion, allowing the camera to compensate for greater degrees of camera shake and deliver a stunning level of image smoothness.
- 3x Manual Rings for Zoom, Focus, and Iris
- The HDR-AX2000E has three independent manual rings (zoom, focus, and iris) for superior control and flexibility while filming, which make it easier to promptly make adjustments to meet shooting needs. The iris ring allows you to adjust the aperture to attain optimal brightness and express beautiful depth of field shots, highlighting a subject while blurring a foreground or background. Exposure can also be assigned to the iris ring, enabling the camera to automatically select the optimal iris, gain or shutter speed, seamlessly enabling adjustment of exposure.
- Minus Auto Gain Control (Minus AGC)
- When shooting in overly bright conditions, this feature enables the selection of gain settings in the negative range for satisfying results with minimal noise.
- Enhanced Imaging Processor (EIP) Technology
- The EIP processor is able to rapidly process the vast amounts of pixel data read from the "3 ClearVid CMOS Sensor", and record beautiful HD and colorful video. The ClearVid CMOS Sensor™ has been developed using the most advanced technologies in the semiconductor industry. It handles video data in 1920 x 1080p and 4:2:2 color space for high-quality signal processing before recording it to MemoryStick PRO Duo™ media. Combined use of the EIP and 3 ClearVid CMOS Sensor imaging system allows the HDR-AX2000E camcorder to provide extremely high image quality with a smooth gradation and detailed image reproduction.
- Manual Gain/Shutter/White Balance Adjustment
- The ability to manually adjust gain, shutter speed, and white balance makes it possible to fine-tune the HDR-AX2000E's settings for near-professional operability and advanced image expression.
- Dual Media Slots
- Capture still images directly onto one of two selectable Memory Stick PRO Duo media or SD/SDHC media slots for easy transfer to PCs for emailing, printing, or sharing with other compatible Memory Stick devices (sold separately).
- x.v. Color Technology
- x.v.Color technology can capture or display nearly twice as many (1.8x) viewable colors than possible with the traditional RGB color standard. This provides a more accurate and vivid color range, for a more natural, lifelike overall experience.
- HDMI Connection
- HDMI connectivity provides a simple, high-quality video and audio connection, with the ability to transmit HD video from the camcorder to compatible HDTVs via a single cable.
- Zebra Display
- While you are shooting, you can add a striped pattern to bright areas of the video image, and display it in the LCD and viewfinder. You can use this as a rough guide for adjusting brightness, helping to prevent blocked highlights.
- Histogram Display
- When the histogram feature is turned on, a graph of the image's brightness distribution appears. This gives you an objective determination of whether the video image as a whole is bright or dim. You can adjust the camera's brightness and AE shift while checking this display.
- Center Marker/Guide-frame
- The LCD and viewfinder feature a Center Marker that lets users identify the center of the screen at a glance. Users can also display a Guide-frame grid on the screen that simplifies the vertical and horizontal alignment of shots.
- Color Bars
- Four types of Color Bars are available for use. These are convenient for color adjustment when playing back images on a TV or monitor.
1/3" ClearVid 3CMOS with ExmorTM Technology
1.04 MegaPixels Each
20x G-Lens 29.5-590mm (35mm Equivalent), f/1.6-3.4
72mm Filter Thread
|Signal to noise ratio||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Horizontal Resolution||1080 Lines|
|Sensitivity||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Minimum Illumination||1.5 lux|
|Vertical Smear||Not Applicable|
|Built in filters||Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64|
|LCD Monitors||3.2", 921,600 Pixels|
|Viewfinder||0.45" Color, 1.2 MegaPixels|
|Scan Matching||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Memory Card Slot||
MemoryStick PRO Duo
|Shutter Speed Range||50p: 1/50-1/2000, 25p: 1/25-1/2500|
|Gain Selection||-6, -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21dB|
HD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVCHD)
SD: MPEG-2 PS
HD: 180 min (32GB FX Mode), 235 min (32GB FH Mode), 435 min (32GB HQ Mode), 750 min (32GB LP Mode)
SD: 475 min (32GB HQ Mode)
|Audio Dynamic Range||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Audio Signal Format||
HD: Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
SD: Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
|Audio Frequency Response||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Input and Output Connectors||
Component: Mini-D Jack (x1 Output)
Composite/S-Video/Audio: Multi AV Jack (x1 Output)
HDMI (x1 Output)
USB (x1 Input/Output)
Audio L/R Input: XLR 3-Pin Female (x2 Input)
Headphone: Stereo Mini Jack
Remote: LANC (x1 Input)
Battery Pack: 7.2VDC
AC Adapter: 8.4VDC
|Operating Temperature||32-104°F (0-40°C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||6.9 x 7.4 x 13.5" (17.3 x 18.7 x 34.2cm)|
|Weight||5 lbs (2.1kg)|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock