Used: Sony HXR-NX5P NXCAM Professional PAL Camcorder Kit
Please Check Stock Availability
- Sony HXR-NX5P NXCAM Professional PAL Camcorder
- 2 x Batteries (Big & Small)
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Padded Bag
Have you found the perfect item but are unable to afford it? If you cannot afford to pay for the item, do not let that slip from your fingers. You can use DT Sales Layby Payment option and make payment in bits and pieces. The prime advantage is that your chosen item gets booked and you can get it once the payment is made. You can pay as per your convenience. It can be weekly, or on a monthly basis. Your chosen goods will be shipped to your doorsteps. By chance you forget to make the payment, Layby experts will inform you about the payoff.
When placing an order with DT Sales through the Layby Payment option, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
Our minimum Layby period is one (1) month with a maximum Layby period of four (4) months. If for any reason an error occurs allowing your layby term to be beyond the maximum allowable layby period, we reserve the right to adjust your payment amount and notify you by email.
We require a minimum 20% deposit upfront, and we accept payment by Direct Debit, Mastercard, Visa, EFT, Cash and Payfast.
Regular payments must be made in accordance with your Layby term of weekly, or monthly. If you need to change any of your payment or order details please contact us.
Your Layby will be delivered to your delivery address within 14 days after the final payment date, unless otherwise specified. You can change your delivery address online, over the phone or via email up to the date specified on your order confirmation. If you wish to change your delivery address within 2 days of the final payment date, please contact us.
Your Layby order can be cancelled at any time up until the final payment date. Please see below for more info on our cancellation policy.
- Minimum of 20% deposit
- 5% admin fee (non-refundable)
- Delivery fee (this is based on the items size and weight) This will be calculated and added into your Lay-By payments.
Payment start date: Once you have placed your order, payments from your designated account will start on the date you selected.
Missed Payments: If you miss a payment we will email you with an updated payment schedule. If you miss 2 consecutive payments with any payment method we will cancel or suspend your order and email you.
How to change your order: You can change your order any time until the Last Change of order date, displayed on your order confirmation email, without incurring a ‘change of order fee’. If you change your order after this date, and before final payment date a ‘change of order fee’ will be imposed.
Dollar/Rand Exchange Rate: Prices are subject to the ROE. If the exchange rate were to change, the difference will be added onto the last payment.
If you are unable to keep up your payments for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options that are available to you.
If your order is cancelled, cancellation charges will apply which enable us to recover our costs.
You may cancel your order at no charge if your first payment have not commenced.
Once payments have commenced a cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit as follows:
1. After your first payment has been made, a cancellation fee of 5% will apply. This will be deducted off your deposit before refunded back to the customer.
2. After final payment and before delivery is made, a cancellation fee will be charged to recover 'reasonable' costs related to that order. This will depend on the circumstances and they will be explained to you at time of cancellation.
3. Once delivery is made your layby cannot be cancelled as it is complete.
Occasionally some items on our website may go on sale for a limited time. The limited time sale price is for new orders only, not existing orders.
In the event that a product you have ordered becomes out of stock or discontinued by the supplier, DT Sales will offer a similar product to the same value and comparable specifications. If the alternative is not suitable, we will offer you a full refund minus the 5% admin fee.
You will receive a confirmation email with delivery details once your order has been dispatched. Your order will arrive within 14 days after your final payment clears in our bank account (3 days for Direct Debit, 1 day for credit card after final payment), unless otherwise specified.
DT Sales deliveries are made via our couriers SWE or, customers can collect their items from our offices.
While every effort is made to deliver as advised, DT Sales cannot accept any liability for delay due to the customer’s failure to complete customer obligations or any other reason beyond the control of DT Sales (and/or its staff). DT Sales cannot accept any liability resulting from a contracted party’s failure to deliver as advised.
Change of address: You can change your delivery address online prior to 2 days from final payment date.
Returns: We are unable to accept returns such as if you have changed your mind or have made an incorrect choice about the product and no longer wish to keep it. If an item is returned to us due to an incorrect address entered at checkout or if nobody is home to accept the delivery and we are unable to contact you via email or phone, you may be charged a redelivery fee.
The first in Sony's line of NXCAM solid-state camcorders, the HXR-NX5P NXCAM Professional PAL Camcorder is also the company's first professional-level AVCHD camcorder. And while it may look similar to its HDV predecessor, the HVR-Z5P, in fact this is a very different animal. Its ability to capture HD and SD video in AVCHD and MPEG-2 formats--and save it to solid state media--is only one of its distinctive traits. Full-raster 1920 x 1080 video is another, including the option of recording 720/50p video as well as 50i and 25p. And because the NX5P can capture to media cards plus an optional flash memory unit, you can simultaneously record a different signal to each, whether HD + a backup or HD + SD. The footage is then easily downloaded to a computer or backup drive using USB 2.0.
Three 1/3" CMOS Exmor sensors, a 20x 'G' lens and dual XLR inputs are carried over from the Z5, but the beautiful video and audio these elements produce are now in service to a higher level of professional control. An HD-SDI output makes this one of the most affordable camcorders to provide uncompressed 4:2:2 output, while HDMI and RCA outputs allow for connection to professional and consumer-grade monitors alike. Timecode sync between two or more cameras is also possible, and the addition of GPS technology makes for another first on an AVCHD pro camcorder.
Meanwhile, a newly designed user interface--including convenient MODE buttons and a touch-screen menu--make setup and operation easier than ever. And if touch-screen controls aren't your thing, there are the usual navigation keys and thumbwheel to help get you around. Whether you're recording at one of the camera's four bit rates (24/17/9/5Mbps), taking advantage of simultaneous or relay HYBRID capture, or recording AC-3 or linear PCM audio, the HVR-NX5P gives you near-professional flexibility and control on a prosumer budget.
- Exmor 3 CMOS Sensors
- Three Exmor CMOS sensors with a ClearVid array comprise a state-of-the-art sensor system from Sony which realizes high resolution, high sensitivity, a wide dynamic range, and excellent color reproduction, regardless of the codec.
- Memory Recording and HYBRID
- Memory recording on affordable consumer memory cards offers workflow efficiency at both the shooting and editing stages. Combined with hybrid recording, using an optional HXR-FMU128, the user achieves a totally IT-based workflow, with the added bonus of instant data backup.
- AVCHD Format
- The revolutionary AVCHD recording format, which utilizes the MPEG-4, AVC/H.264 video codec, allows users to record HD video footage onto random access media, such as Memory Stick PRO Duo and SDHC memory cards. Its intelligent and sophisticated algorithm makes AVCHD a highly efficient compression format ideal for memory recording and IT-based editing.
- G Lens
- "G Lens", the lens featured in other successful Sony camcorders, already enjoys an excellent industry reputation. In the HXR-NX5P, this sophisticated lens is optimized to complement the camcorder's advanced image sensor and image-processing technology.
- Natural-touch Lens Operation
- The focus, zoom and iris ring are positioned on the lens barrel, and this design offers the same operability as general interchangeable lenses. Focus, zoom and iris control can all be managed easily.
- Six-blade Iris
- The six-blade iris diaphragm is nearly circular, enabling the creation of an extremely beautiful background blur.
- Built-in ND filters
- The HXR-NX5P is equipped with three built-in ND (Neutral Density) filters--1/4, 1/16, 1/64--which help to vary the depth of field with iris control.
- Active SteadyShot Feature
- Active SteadyShot feature is a new, enhanced image stabilization system that provides a powerful shake-reduction capability, vital for handheld usage. Additional stabilization is provided by the increased optical lens coverage area and by improved detection with state-of-the-art compensation
- A built-in global positioning system (GPS) locator allows satellite navigation data to be recorded directly onto footage for reference or posting on popular internet mapping systems. GPS data can be invaluable when searching for footage or to provide evidence of where and when footage was recorded.
- Relay Record with Dual Memory Slots
- Another new feature is continuous recording between two memory card slots. The new HXR-NX5P camcorder automatically cycles between the dual memory slots. When using two, 32-GB memory cards, six hours of continuous HD footage can be recorded.
- Optional 128GB Flash Memory Unit, HXR-FMU128
- Sony proudly introduces the HXR-FMU128, an optional 128-GB flash memory unit exclusively designed for the HXR-NX5P camcorder. This enables hybrid recording of video footage - another world first for an AVCHD professional camcorder. Other capabilities include simultaneous recording of HD and HD video footage, and even the combination of HD and SD, realizing an instant backup in the desired format. The 128-GB storage capacity provides continuous recording for almost half a day at the highest bit-rate - incredible in a unit of such compact size. This is an ideal option for recording music festivals, seminars, and weddings, and for making documentaries, all of which require extended recording times. 1
- Loss-less Audio Recording Capability
- The audio recording format on HXR-NX5P can be selected from either Dolby Digital stereo or Linear PCM stereo. LPCM audio recording provides uncompressed audio quality. Customers who need high quality audio, such as in music videos will be able to acquire CD quality audio data.
- MPEG-2 for SD Recording Format
- SD format recording is available in addition to HD format recording. The SD recording format uses MPEG-2 which is the same compression codec as standard DVD-VIDEO Discs. Customers who make delivery in DVD-VIDEOs will be able to obtain video data in sufficient SD quality using this format.
- Easy Operation with Newly Designed Menu
- The completely new menu interface allows users to adjust camcorder functions via a touch panel or buttons and switches. This interface is newly designed specifically for this model. Easier and more straightforward operations are achieved by the combination of a high-resolution XtraFine LCD panel, XtraFine electronic viewfinder (EVF), and well-defined layout.
- Hybrid Operation with Touch Panel & Buttons
- The HXR-NX5P is equipped with a touch panel LCD with a complete new interface specifically designed for this new camcorder. Most of settings can be adjusted by touch screen operation, which is easy, straightforward, and instinctive for operators. However, standard operation using buttons and switches is also available, to provide users with choices to suit any shooting situation.
1080/50i, 25p, 720/50p
576/50i, 25p scan
1/3" ClearVid 3CMOS with Exmor Technology
1.04 MegaPixels Each
20x G-Lens 29.5-590mm (35mm Equivalent), f/1.6-3.4
72mm Filter Thread
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Horizontal Resolution||1080 Lines|
|Sensitivity||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Minimum Illumination||1.5 lux|
|Vertical Smear||Not Applicable|
|Built-in Filters||Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64|
|LCD Monitor||3.2", 921,600 Pixels|
|Viewfinder||0.45" Color, 1.2 MegaPixels|
|Scan Matching||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Memory Card Slot||
MemoryStick PRO Duo
Flash Memory Unit
|Shutter Speed Range||
Slow Shutter: 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/25
|Gain Selection||-6, -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21dB|
HD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVCHD)
SD: MPEG-2 PS
AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1920 x 1080/50i
AVCHD FH (17Mbps) 1920 x 1080/50i
AVCHD HQ (9Mbps) 1440 x 1080/50i
AVCHD LP (5Mbps) 1440 x 1080/50i
AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1920 x 1080/25p
AVCHD FH (17Mbps) 1920 x 1080/25p
AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1280 x 720/50p
AVCHD FH (17Mbps) 1280 x 720/50p
MPEG2 SD HQ (9Mbps) 720 x 576/50i
MPEG2 SD HQ (9Mbps) 720 x 576/50i (25p Scan)
|Maximum Recording Time||170 min (2h 50m) with 32GB Memory Stick PRO-HX Duo FX (24Mbps) Linear PCM 2ch recording|
|Audio Dynamic Range||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Audio Signal Format||
HD: Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz / Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
SD: Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
|Audio Frequency Response||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Input and Output Connectors||
Component: RCAx3 (x1 Output)
Composite: RCAx1 (x1 Output)
HD/SD-SDI: BNC (x1 Output)
HDMI: Type A Connection (x1 Output)
USB (x1 Input/Output)
Audio L/R Input: XLR 3-Pin Female (x2 Input) Audio L/R Output: RCAx2 (x1 Output)
Headphone: Stereo Mini Jack
Remote: LANC (x1 Input)
Battery Pack: 7.2VDC
AC Adapter: 8.4VDC
(Power consumption increases about 1.1W when Flash Memory Unit is used.)
|Operating Temperature||32-104°F (0-40°C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||6.9 x 7.4 x 13.5" (17.3 x 18.7 x 34.2cm)|
|Weight||5 lbs (2.2kg)|
|Package Weight||10.55 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||16.8 x 12.9 x 10.0"|
In the Box
- Sony HXR-NX5P NXCAM Professional PAL Camcorder
- 2 x Batteries (Big & Small)
- 1 x charger
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock